Zanzibar Spice Tour Half Day Trip
Zanzibar Spice Tour Half Day Trip | Zanzibar Spice Tour Stone Town Tanzania | Spice Farms Zanzibar | Zanzibar Spice Plantation Zanzibar Day Trips City Tour | Day Tours Zanzibar | Spice Tour Zanzibar | Zanzibar Half Day Tours
Zanzibar Spice Tour Half Day Trip is a tour to Zanzibar’s spice plantations. Learn how Swahili dishes are prepared! Zanzibar’s importance in the spice trade extends back 200 years and the “Spice Islands” continue to export cloves, vanilla, nutmeg and cardamom across the world.
Apart from being an important commodity on the trade routes, spices can be seen in the plantations just outside Zanzibar town, this is also a fantastic opportunity to see the countryside and rural areas of Zanzibar and also connect with local people.
Zanzibar Spice Tour Half Day Trip Highlights
* Visit Zanzibar’s spice plantations
* 3 hour uided tour of Zanzibar’s Spice Island
* Taste a variety of local spices and tropical fruits
* Learn how different traditional Swahili dishes are flavored with Zanzibar spices
* Get an insight into local life, try some Swahili dishes, taste the fruits in season and try some spiced tea
* An optional lunch is available offering a special menu prepared with the best of the seasonal fruit and spices introduced to you during the tour
0900 Hours: We pick you up from your hotel/ residence and travel in an air-conditioned mini-van with your local guide as we explore this historic area.
On our Zanzibar Spice tour half day trip you’ll learn about the properties of spices, their origins and their use as medicines as well as how they’re used in food and drinks.
We’ll take you on a visit to spice plantations and villages for an insight into local life and the opportunity to try some Swahili dishes. Zanzibar’s spice plantations are a tribute to the island’s past. The country was once known as the “Spice Islands”.
You’ll have the chance to handle and taste different spices and tropical fruits. Some of these Zanzibar spices are used in almost every kitchen include cinnamon, cloves, rack-black pepper, garlic, coconut, lemon grass, turmeric, ginger, vanilla and nutmeg.
You can buy some spices to take home with you to give you that elusive taste of Zanzibar once you have left its white shores far, far behind.
The tour duration takes about 2 to 3 hours. You can go in the morning from 0900 Hours to 1330 Hours or in the afternoon.
Zanzibar Spice Tour Half Day Trip Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||8 to 12 Year Child|
|1st January 2019||31st December 2019||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Departures from other areas outside Zanzibar Stone Town can be arranged, kindly inquire
* Guides available speak English, French, Italian and Spanish. Must be pre-booked at the time of booking
* Guests are advised to wear comfortable closed walking or hiking shoes and pants and to bring a hat and sun cream
Zanzibar Spice Tour Half Day Trip Rates Includes:
* Mineral drinking water
* Professional English speaking guides
* All entry fees to the farms, service charge and taxes
* Pickup from your hotel in Zanzibar and drop-off to your hotel
Zanzibar Spice Tour Half Day Trip Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
Booking & Reservations for Zanzibar Spice Tour Half Day Trip Contacts;
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile : + 254 721-242-711