Zanzibar local Style Game Fishing Tour | Zanzibar Game fishing local style | Local Game Fishing Zanzibar | Local Fishing Dhows | Zanzibar Local Fishermen | Zanzibar Day Tours | Zanzibar Big Game Fishing | Zanzibar Fishing | Zanzibar local Fishing Tour | Zanzibar Fishing Prices | Zanzibar Shore Fishing
Zanzibar local Style Game Fishing Tour offers you the unique opportunity to learn the traditional fishing methods. Sail out to sea with a Zanzibar fisherman who will show you what ‘fishing for a living’ is really all about.
Forget fishing in a modern fishing vessel with the latest in reels and rods and a fighting chair as well!
Local fishing in Ngalawa (traditional boats or the typical boat used by local fishermen) takes you beyond the reef to deeper waters where you will be surrounded by shoals of different species of fish.
The fishing grounds we go to are just about one hour out. We will equip you with simple fishing gear – a roll of nylon fishing line were the end of each line has a weight and two hooks. On the hooks are speared strips of fresh calamari.
All you do is just to lower the lines in until you hit the bottom and wait. Then you haul the line up at the side of the boat. This is what the local fishermen or boatmen use to catch kingfish, yellow fin tuna, barracuda and grouper. A real adventure!
To hook the kind of substantial fish for sale in Stone Town’s markets, you go out at night and fish by the light of a lamp. That is when bigger fish come out in numbers around the fishing grounds.
You will go for reef fishing for small fish with local fishing material and try your luck with the local fishing materials. Discover how the most locals catch fish. If you like you can also take your own fishing rods.
The fishermen will take you back to the beach or sandbank and grill up the catch of the day! This not only provides an authentic experience but also provides locals with a source of extra income.
On returning to Zanzibar Island we will take you to see the colorful and bustling fish market where the fresh catches of the day are auctioned.
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Child Aged 8 to 12 Year|
|1st January 2019||31st December 2019||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Local game fishing in Zanzibar is an half day tour that starts early in the morning, from 6:00am or 7:00am
* We equip you with simple fishing gears, with what locals are even catching barracuda, kingfish, yellow fin tuna, and grouper
* Zanzibar local Style Game Fishing Tour Departs from Stone town hotels, contact us for the prices from any Zanzibar beach hotel
* The tour begins by setting the sail from one of villages around the Island, we normally choose the nearest village close to you hotel
* Professional English speaking guides
* Any apllicable fees, service charge and taxes
* Boat ride, fishing guide, local fishing gear, fruits and soft drinks
* Pickup from your hotel in Stone Town and drop-off to your hotel
* Local fishing in Ngalawa (traditional boats or the typical boat used by local fishermen)
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Minimum of 1 person required
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile/ WhatsApp : + 254 721-242-711
Mobile: + 254 780-242-711