Zanzibar Cultural Tour Nungwi Village
Nungwi Village Tour Experience Zanzibar Tours | Cultural Day Tours Zanzibar Tours | Nungwi Village Tour Zanzibar | Nungwi Tours | Tour of Nungwi Village Zanzibar | Nungwi Village Cultural Tour | Zanzibar Day Trips City Tours | Zanzibar Cultural Day Tour | Nungwi Zanzibar Things To Do | Nungwi Beach Tours
Zanzibar Cultural Tour Nungwi Village is a full day trip to Nungwi fishing village located North of Zanzibar. The village is approximately 59 km’s from Stone Town Zanzibar.
Nungwi Village day trip mainly focuses on the cultural aspects of the village, sightseeing and some free time to relax by the white sandy beach.
Nungwi Fishing Village is striking, by day, the beach bustles with sunbathing tourists, swimming and indulging in lemongrass massages, while locals advertise their tours and trade a range of paintings, sunglasses and football shirts.
As the sun sets the beach starts to buzz with the Zanzibar party spirit. The north coast is the dhow building capital of Zanzibar.
After a hearty breakfast, we pick you up from your hotel/ residence and drive to the north of Zanzibar to Nungwi Village. Once at Nungwi village, there is a variety of interesting things to see and do.
Zanzibar Cultural Tour Nungwi Village Highlights
Zanzibar Cultural Tour Nungwi Village includes;
* Fish Market
* Visit a school
* Get to sample some local lunch
* Visit a natural Mnarani Aquarium
* Discover how locals live their everyday lives and how they make their livelihoods
* Mvuleni Portuguese Houses where you can visit the Ruins of the Portuguese Barracks
Nungwi Fish Market
The best time to visit Nungwi is in the early morning, when the fish market is lively and crowded. Depending on the fishing of the previous night, you might see tunas, king fishes, dorado’s, and a variety of other big fishes.
In the morning, local fishermen and women head to the barrier reef to catch a number of different small sea creatures, squids, octopuses, puffer fishes, and sometimes rays that you can buy at the fish market throughout the day.
Nungwi Turtle Sanctuary and Aquarium
The natural aquarium in Nungwi is where beautiful sea turtles and a variety of fishes live. The aquarium is a natural formation created in the coral bedrock by the erosion of millions of waves crashing against the shore.
The depth of the water varies according to the tides and create a fascinating natural environment for its inhabitants. You will get to feed the turtles with seaweed and to take photographs.
Nungwi Dhow Boat Building Yard
While watching the white sails of the Dhows in the Indian Ocean, you might wonder how these impressive boats are built. The Nungwi Boat Yard is an instructive experience.
You will meet the ship yard owner and learn how the ships are constructed, starting from the choice of the wood to the more advanced phases. At the end of the walk you can either relax on the sandy beaches or go swimming in the natural sea. A local delicious lunch is also included.
Zanzibar Cultural Tour Nungwi Village Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||8 to 12 Year Child|
|1st January 2020||31st December 2020||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Please, note that the boat building tour is only available as part of the Nungwi Village Tour
* Departures from other areas outside Zanzibar Stone Town can be arranged, kindly inquire
* Please, we ask you to respect the local population’s privacy. It is highly recommended to ask for permission before taking pictures
Zanzibar Cultural Tour Nungwi Village Rates Includes:
* Lunch at a local village
* Nungwi Fish Market entrance fees
* Professional English speaking guides
* Pickup from your hotel in Zanzibar Stone Town and drop-off to your hotel
Zanzibar Cultural Tour Nungwi Village Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Minimum of 1 person required
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
Booking & Reservations for Zanzibar Cultural Tour Nungwi Village Contacts;
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile : + 254 721-242-711