Wajee Valley Nature Park Day Trip
Wajee Valley Nature Park Day Trip | Nyeri Wajee Nature Park Tours | Wajee Nature Park Bird Watching Trips | Bird Watching Trips | Tree Planting Nairobi Day Tours | Nyeri Attractions Tours Day Trips | Nature Walks | Wajee Valley Nature Park Hikes | Wajee Valley Nature Park Trails
Wajee Valley Nature Park Day Trip is an excursion from Nairobi to Wajee Nature Park (a bird conservancy and nature park) located in Nyeri.
This private park is situated in Mukuruwe-ini in Central Kenya. It is set amidst the spectacular country between Mount Kenya and the Aberdares and lies 160 Kilometers north of Nairobi.
Coming from Karatina town towards Nyeri, after 2 km branch left towards Mukurwe-ini town. The park is 5 km from Mukurwe-ini.
The park covers 10 hectares of unspoilt natural forest is home to two rare species: the Hindes Babbler and the side-striped jackal. Wajee Valley Nature Park Day Trip focuses mainly on bird watching activities in the park.
One can also go there to relax, take leisure walks and enjoy the nature tails and also have meals at picnic sites inside the park. With the trail naturalist or on your own, you can explore the nature trail and its tunnels and enjoy the local flora and fauna.
Animals you can expect to see include genet cats, mongooses, bush baby, vervet monkeys and squirrels. You may also be lucky to see the side-striped jackal.
Wajee Nature Park is adorned with an array of flora and fauna. It is perfect for bird lovers, as it is home to many rare forest birds. An incredible 126 local species have been recorded in the park so you can expect to spot quite a few bird species during a visit.
The main species is the Hinde’s Babbler, which is endemic to the Mt. Kenya Region and is listed as threatened due to the encroachment of its lower Mt. Kenya Forest habitat.
Other interesting birds include the African Wood Owl. The 108 species recorded here are mainly forest birds. During the winter in the North, the Park becomes an attraction for migrants including Black Caps and Eurasia Bee Eater.
One of the numerous attractions at Wajee Nature Park is a replica of a traditional Kikuyu homestead.
Wajee Valley Nature Park Wedding Grounds | Conferences | Picnic Grounds
Wajee Nature Park has a versatile outdoor conference hall that is ideal for all sorts of meetings, whether formal or informal. There are a number of picnic sites at the park.
The calm natural setting makes it ideal for snack breaks during nature walks. Wajee Nature Park has a well-trimmed large events lawn that is perfect for weddings, gatherings and photo-shoots.
It also doubles as a picnic site!
Wajee Valley Nature Park Day Trip Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||8 to 12 Year Child|
|1st January 2019||31st December 2019||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Bottled water (carry enough bottled water, especially during hot days)
* Pair of binoculars (Binoculars come in handy especially during bird watching)
* Camera (Photograph the amazing scenery as well as the wildlife that Wajee Nature Park has to offer)
* Flashlight (a flashilight will provide enough light for early morning nature walks or nature walks late in the evening)
Wajee Valley Nature Park Day Trip Rates Includes:
* Picnic lunch
* Bottle water while on Safari
* Professional English speaking guides
* Park Entry fees at Wajee Valley Nature Park
* Pickup from your hotel in Nairobi and drop-off to your hotel
Wajee Valley Nature Park Day Trip Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Minimum of two persons required
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
Booking & Reservations for Wajee Valley Nature Park Day Trip Contacts;
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile : + 254 721-242-711
Mobile : + 254 780-242-711