Umani Springs Camp Kibwezi Forest
Umani Springs Lodge Kibwezi Forest Reserve | Umani Springs Kibwezi Forest | Sheldrick Wildlife Trust | Kibwezi Umani Springs | Umani Springs Camp Rates Prices | Umani Springs David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust | Kibwezi Accommodation | Umani Springs Lodge Kibwezi Kenya | Umani Springs Luxury Safari Lodge | Umani Springs Lodge Chyulu Hills National Park | Chyulu Hills National Park Kibwezi Self Catering Accommodation | Umani Springs House Tsavo | East Accommodation
Umani Springs Lodge Kibwezi Forest Reserve is a contemporary lodge booked on exclusive use basis, located in Kibwezi Forest, adjacent to Chyulu Hills National Park. Chyulu Hills National Park is located in Makueni County in South-West Kenya and lies between the Tsavo and Amboseli ecosystems.
Umani Springs Lodge is a self-catering retreat set in the 16,000 acre ground water forest, Kibwezi Forest Reserve which borders the Chyulu Hills National Park. There are 3 well appointed cottages that accommodate a total of 10 guests.
Access : Around 45 minutes by air from Wilson Airport (Nairobi) to the Kithyasu Airstrip situated in the Chyulu National Park, and just 12 km from the lodge. Alternatively 3 to 4 hours by road from Nairobi.
Each cottage is tastefully decorated with natural, earthy colors highlighted by local fabrics and traditional artifacts. The cottages have spacious lounge areas, inside bathrooms and outside showers for each unit.
The charming cobbled stone outdoor showers make guests feel immersed in the bush in style. There is a fully equipped spacious kitchen fitted with gas cooker, fridge and freezer, crockery and cutlery.
The camp is fully staffed self-catering property, with resident chef. Guests are welcomed to prepare their own meals or have the cook prepared for them.
Umani Springs Camp Kibwezi Forest Reserve has a central main building that houses a large communal dining-come-bar that leads to the well manicured lawns and an inviting spring fed swimming pool.
The central building is built in Balinese style; an expansive wooden deck runs the length of the French sliding doors, overlooking the encircling forest surrounding.
Umani Springs Camp Kibwezi Forest Reserve activities include;
* A look-out platform on top of Umani Hill
* Birding platform overlooking the springs
* Hiking up Umani Hill to a lookout platform
* Excursions to the Chyulu Hills National Park.
* Guided walks in the forest and to the Umani Springs
* Game drive circuits within the unique Kibwezi Forest
* Relaxation around the swimming pool and private areas
* Sundowner deck with commanding views of the forest and the Chyulu Hills beyond
* Games include: Croquet, badminton and volley ball sets are available upon request
* Access to the orphans at the stockades in the early morning and evening as well as the 11am mud bath
Umani Springs Lodge Kibwezi Forest Reserve Accommodation Prices
2020 Accommodation Rates Per Night on Self Catering basis All guests will be charged a 30 US Dollars Conservation Fee per person per day, over and above the accommodation costs. There is a 16% VAT surcharge on the below costs.
|Number of Guests||Rate Per Night Whole Property|
on Exclusive Basis
|1 to 4 Guests||1,080 US Dollars|
|5 Guests||1,325 US Dollars|
|6 Guests||1,570 US Dollars|
|7 Guests||1,815 US Dollars|
|8 Guests||2,060 US Dollars|
|9 Guests||2,305 US Dollars|
|10 Guests||2,550 US Dollars|
* A trained Cook is also provided
* Umani Springs Lodge is open all year
* The cost is for the accommodation only
* Umani Springs Lodge is offered on self catering basis. Experienced staff is available as and when required
* Guests at Umani Springs Lodge have exclusive use of the property. No other guest belonging to another group will be booked at the same time
* Please also note that each couple and individual in the group will need to be a foster parent in order to be able to visit and stay at Umani Springs Lodge
* Children: Due to the elevated decks, walkways and platforms children under the age of 5 are not encouraged. Please consult with the camp should you have younger children. An adult should supervise children over 5 at all times
* African Spice Safaris can provide a safari package that includes (Accommodation, a 4×4 Safari Vehicle, Driver guide, Food and Drinks for your stay. Kindly inquire)
Umani Springs Lodge | What to Bring
* Sandals/ flip-flops
* Swimming costume
* Camera equipment
* Hat and sunglasses
* Personal first aid kit
* Torch (with spare batteries)
* IPod and portable speakers
* Games (cards or board games)
* Food and drink, including drinking water
* A warm fleece/ jumper for cooler evenings (July/ August)
* High-strength sunscreen, moisturizer, lip salve, mosquito repellent
Booking & Reservations for Umani Springs Lodge Kibwezi Forest Reserve – Kenya
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile/ WhatsApp : + 254 721242711
Mobile : + 254 780-242-711