Tana River Delta Day Trip Lamu Tours
Tana River Delta Day Trip Lamu Tours | Excursion to Tana River Delta Day trip by Boat | Tana River Delta Trip | Visit The Tana Delta on a Trip to Kenya | Lamu Mainland Boat Safaris | Lamu Island excursions | Delta Dunes Lodge Tana River
Tana River Delta day trip Lamu tours is a guided excursion to the Tana River Delta Conservation Area and a visit of Kipini town, a small fishing village where Tana River meets the Ocean.
The tour takes about 1 ½ hours one way by boat from Manda Island, Lamu to the River Delta and includes fishing on the estuary, fascinating bird and animal watching.
The Tana River Delta is a vast triangle of land coverning 50,000 hectares and runs from Garsen in the north, Kipini in the east and the Malindi road in the south and west.
The Tana River, Kenya’s longest river, (700 km’s) and begins its long journey on the slopes of Mt Kenya flowing south to Garissa in the dry northeast and meets the Indian Ocean just south of Lamu in a magnificent River Delta.
The delta of the Tana River a vast patchwork of palm savanna, seasonally flooded grassland, forest fragments, lakes, mangroves, sand dunes, beaches and the river itself.
This ecosystem supports several communities and enormous numbers of livestock, wildlife and over 350 species of birds.
The river boasts more than 40 recorded fish species and this rich environment is a haven for elephant, lion, buffalo, crocodile, antelopes, primates, over 800 hippos, rare sharks and reptiles, including the Tana writhing skink.
Tana River Delta Day Trip Lamu Tours Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||8 to 11 Years Child|
|1st January 2019||31st December 2019||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* The trip is for maximum 6 people
* The Pokomo and Orma are the two main tribes in the area. They have very different backgrounds and cultures and both are very hospitable, welcoming prior arranged visits to their villages
Tana River Delta Day Trip Lamu Tours Rates Includes:
* Fishing on the estuary
* Visit the historical town of Kipini
* All applicable Park entrance fees
* Services of a professional experienced driver guide
* Return Boat transfers from Lamu to Tana River Delta
* Boat exploration in the forest teaming with birds and animals
Tana River Delta Day Trip Lamu Tours Rates Do Not Include:
* International Airfare
* Accommodation in Lamu
* Cost of obtaining passport and visas
* Gratuity for your professional driver guide
* Optional tours not mentioned in the itinerary
* Gratuity for Porterage/ waiters at hotels, camps and airports
* Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including luxury champagne, luxury spirits, beer, wines during meals or meals not indicated in the itinerary