Sabaki River Estuary Malindi Bird Watching Day Trip
Sabaki River Estuary Malindi Bird Watching Day Trip | Malindi Excursions Sabaki River Estuary | Malindi Half Day Tours | Sabaki River Mouth Kenya | Sabaki River Delta Hotel | Sabaki River Estuary Nature Walks | Sabaki River Estuary Excursion | Malindi Bird Watching Tours | Sabaki River Cottage | Athi Galana Sabaki River | Important Bird Area Sabaki River
Sabaki River Estuary Malindi Bird Watching Day Trip: Just north of Malindi is one of the “must see” places for birders, the Sabaki River Estuary.
Sabaki River Estuary or the Sabaki River Mouth is located within Malindi District of Coast Province and about 5 km’s North of Malindi town, between the Malindi-Mambrui road bridge and the sea.
Sabaki River Mouth marks the point where Kenya’s second largest river (Athi-Galana-Sabaki River) empty into the ocean. The largest river in Kenya is the Tana River.
Our Sabaki River Estuary Malindi Bird Watching Day Trip takes us to the Sabaki River Estuary which covers an area of about 6 square km’s and consists of sandbanks, mud banks, dunes and seasonal and permanent freshwater pools, mangroves and scrub.
The state and size of the estuary vary seasonally depending on river flows. Just North and South of the River Mouth are grassy sand dunes that conceal permanent or temporary water pools of fresh water.
Sabaki river mouth is one of the Important Bird Areas (IBAs) in Kenya. It hosts large visiting stocks of the Madagascar Pranticole and is also an important nesting, roosting and feeding ground for gulls and terns.
A total of 68 species have been recorded. Some of the species which have recorded sufficient numbers in Sabaki estuary include; pelicans, cormorants, herons, flamingoes, ducks, geese, waders, gulls, terns and kingfishers.
Sabaki River Estuary is rich in fishes and crustaceans which have in turn supported fishing which is the main livelihood for the people of the area. The beaches are good nesting places for sea turtles.
Sabaki River Mouth is five kilometers north of Malindi and a two hour drive north of Mombasa.
Malindi District is home to some of the richest and most diverse habitats in the whole of Kenya including 10% of Kenya’s Important Bird Areas, considered internationally important for bird conservation. These are found within a 30 km radius of Malindi.
Sabaki River Estuary Malindi Bird Watching Day Trip Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Adult||Price Per Child|
|1st January 2020||31st December 2020||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Enjoy bird watching, guided nature walk, scenic views, adventure on the sand dunes and Miji-Kenda Cultural experience
Sabaki River Estuary Malindi Bird Watching Day Trip Prices includes:
* Mineral water during tour
* All applicable Game Park entrance fees
* Professional experienced driver guide
* Enjoy extensive Guided Bird watching Tour
* Round trip transport from Malindi to your hotel
Sabaki River Estuary Malindi Bird Watching Day Trip Prices exclude:
* International Airfare
* Accommodations in Malindi
* A visit to a Miji-Kenda Village
* Gratuity for your professional guide
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
* Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including luxury champagne, luxury spirits, beer, wines during meals or meals not indicated in the itinerary