Oldonyo Sabuk National Park 1 Day Hiking Trip
Oldonyo Sabuk National Park 1 Day Hiking Trip | Ol-Donyo Sabuk National Park Day Safari Nairobi | Oldonyo Sabuk 1 Day Tour | Day Trip to Ol Donyo Sabuk | OlDonyo Sabuk Day Excursion from Nairobi | OlDonyo Sabuk Day Excursion from Nairobi | One Day Hike to Ol Donyo Sabuk | Nairobi Day Tours Safaris | Oldonyo Sapuk Resort
Oldonyo Sabuk National Park 1 Day Hiking Trip takes you to Ol Donyo Sabuk mountain, also known as Kilimambogo or Buffalo Mountain.Oldonyo Sabuk National Park is situated about 70 km’s north-east of Nairobi, and about 25 km’s east of Thika town.
The park covers an area of about 20 square km’s, with most of its surface covered by a natural forest and habited by buffalo, monkey, antelop and other grazers. Ol Donyo Sabuk mountain stands at 2145 meters above sea level.
The mountain offers panoramic views of the surrounding plains and the distant Nairobi to the south, Masinga Dam and Mt. Kenya to the north, and Mt. Kilimanjaro to the west. Oldonyo means ‘mountain’ in Masai, and Sabuk means ‘buffalo’, so this is literally the mountain of the buffalo.
As the name suggests, buffalo are regularly spotted on the hillside. The major attractions include the mountain landscape, the Macmillan grave (Lord Macmillan was among the first white settlers in the area), wildlife watching, forest birds.
A visit to the fourteen falls – a spectacular spot along the Athi River where the water cascades over cliffs in a series of picturesque waterfalls.
Oldonyo Sabuk National Park 1 Day Hiking Trip Itinerary
0700 Hours: Oldonyo Sabuk National Park 1 Day Hiking Trip departs at Nairobi by road traveling towards the central highlands of Thika.
0830 Hours: We arrive at Ol Donyo Sabuk Park Gate. The mountain stand at 2,145 meters high/ 7037 feet.
0900 Hours: We start the hike which takes about 5 hours. For hiking enthusiasts, this mountain is ideal for a day hike. The 9.2 km’s climb to the top takes between 2 to 3 hours depending on your level of fitness, with the descent taking another 2 hours.
On your Oldonyo Sabuk National Park 1 Day Hiking Trip you will be accompanied by a Kenya wildlife ranger for security against buffalo attacks. All along the way up, you encounter a stunning array of flora that thrives here undisturbed by human exploitation.
Barely 2 km from the top, you pass by the grave of Lord William Northrup MacMillan, an American who owned the mountain during the colonial era.
Just one road leads to its summit, which offers magnificent 360′ panoramas over the Athi River, the pineapple fields of Thika and the snow-capped peaks of both Mt Kilimanjaro and Mt Kenya.
1400 Hours: A picnic lunch will be provided at the base of Oldonyo Sabuk picnic site.
1500 Hours: On our way back, pass by the famous Fourteen Falls before our return to Nairobi.
1800 Hours: Expected time of arrival in Nairobi. Drop off at your residence/ Hotel
Oldonyo Sabuk National Park 1 Day Hiking Trip Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged 8 to 12 Year old|
|1st January 2019||31st December 2019||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* This tour departs daily from Nairobi Hotels or from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport or from any point within Nairobi
* What to bring; Hooded rain jacket, your spirit of adventure, comfortable trekking shoes, good camera, binoculars, sunglasses, extra change of clothes (t-shirt and bottom slacks), a shading cap/ hat, sun block cream, drinking water, medication you might be on, pain killers and pocket money
Oldonyo Sabuk National Park 1 Day Hiking Trip Rates Includes:
* Picnic Lunch Box
* Bottle water for the day
* A visit to the fourteen falls in Thika
* Services of a local guide for the hiking Tour
* All entrance fees for the park, service charge and taxes
* Pickup from your hotel in Nairobi and drop-off to your hotel
* Escort of an Armed Ranger from the Kenya Wildlife services
* Professional English speaking guides. All are experts in the African wildlife, culture, and tour guiding, many of who speak other European languages
Oldonyo Sabuk National Park 1 Day Hiking Trip Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Minimum of one persons required
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
Booking & Reservations for Oldonyo Sabuk National Park 1 Day Hiking Trip Contacts;
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile/ WhatsApp : + 254 721-242-711
Mobile : + 254 780-242-711