Mount Longonot Hiking Day Trip Safari
Mt Longonot Hiking Day Trip Safari | Mt Longonot Day Hike Kenya Day Tours | Mt Longonot hiking Day Trip | Longonot Hiking Day Trip Tour from Nairobi | Mount Longonot Hiking 1 Day Trip Safari From Nairobi | Mt Longonot Day Hike Tour | Mount Longonot Climbing | Longonot Kenya Hiking Day Tour | Longonot National Park Day Tour | 1 Day Longonot Tour | Nairobi 1 Day Tours
Mount Longonot Hiking Day Trip Safari is a one day tour to Mt Longonot National Park. As you drive from Nairobi along the upper escarpment road to Naivasha, the breathtaking view of Mt Longonot beckons you to the left, barely 60 km out of Nairobi.
Mt Longonot is a dormant volcano estimated to have last erupted in the mid 1800s, and stands at an estimated 750 meters above the floor of the Great Rift Valley.
The mountain is 2776 meters above sea level and dominates the surrounding landscape, with lava canyons on its steep slopes, and a circular caldera over a kilometer in diameter.
A number of viewpoints on the highway have become popular stopovers for motorists drawn by the splendor of this magnificent view. The whole mountain is a National Park under the jurisdiction of Kenya Wildlife Services.
It is home to several wild animals including buffalos, antelopes and leopards, most of which live in the thick forest covering the crater floor. Spotting them is not guaranteed.
The hike on this mountain takes about 2 hours from the Park Gate to the rim of the crater and back, while for those going round the crater as well, the hike takes about 4 hours for the round trip.
The path up the slope is pretty steep and slippery at some points, so you need to be reasonably fit to do this hike. The views from the crater rim however make every painful step worth the effort.
The main attraction is the extinct volcano and crater forest, Scenic Landscape, Views of lake Naivasha and the Great Rift Valley.The park is a paradise for birds of prey.
Other activities at Mount Longonot include hiking, rock climbing, biking, walking and viewing Lake Naivasha.
Mount Longonot Hiking Day Trip Safari Requirements
* Good pair of walking boots (broken-in)
* Walking stick. An adjustable sprung loaded stick is best
* Camera, sun cream, plus your sweater that will be removed during the climb
* Pair of woolen socks as recommended by the boots manufacturer/ sales man
* All of this hike is over rough ground and has all the hazards of hiking up steep inclines
* Don’t under estimate dehydration. Drink water at the end of each section, and as required
* Rucksack. Large enough to carry 2 x ½ litter of water plus few sandwiches to eat at the top
* The ranger’s advice on all matters including your rate of progress should always be listened to
* Animals. There are numerous animals in the area; the most commonly seen is the giraffe or dik-dik
* The crater can be circumnavigated, this takes another 4 hours via a narrow path. In some places this path has steep slopes on both sides and is not without danger
Mount Longonot Hiking Day Trip Safari Program
0600 Hours: Depart Nairobi and drive through Kikuyu lush green highlands and then to the eastern escarpment of the rift valley. Here you will make a brief stop to take pictures of great views of the Rift Valley.
The rift valley has some of the most interesting features including lakes and active volcanic mountains and hot springs and geysers. These include Olkaria geothermal wells and Lake Bogoria geysers. Mt Suswa and Mt longonot are also visible.
0730 Hours: You arrive at Mount Longonot National Park and start your hike. Mount Longonot hike requires medium physical fitness. The hike is fairly easy as you make rest stops along the way. The trek takes about 1.5 Hours to the top.
Once at the top you will have great views looking at Lake Naivasha and the flowers fields.
1200 Hours: Descend from the mountain to the base at the park headquarters. Our driver guide will then take you for lunch at on one of the hotels in Lake Naivasha.
1430 Hours: After lunch you can swim to wash away the dust from Mount longonot hike or opt to enjoy a boat ride on Lake Naivasha. Lake Naivasha has lots of water birds and hippos (at an extra cost).
1600 Hours: Depart Lake Naivasha by road to Nairobi. You will be dropped off at your Nairobi hotel or residence.
Mount Longonot Hiking Day Trip Safari Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Child aged 12 Years to 3 Years|
|1st January 2019||31st December 2019||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Mt Longonot National Park opening hours: Daily 0600 Hours -1800 Hours
* Please bring along; drinking water, picnic items, binoculars, camera, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and guide books
* This tour departs daily from Nairobi Hotels or from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport or from any point within Nairobi
Mount Longonot Hiking Day Trip Safari Rates Includes:
* Picnic lunch
* All entry fees, service charge and taxes
* Pickup from your hotel in Nairobi and drop-off to your hotel
* Services of a professional English speaking guide driver throughout the safari
* Guided walking tour by a local guide to the mountain and back to the entrance start point
Mount Longonot Hiking Day Trip Safari Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Minimum of two persons required
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities like Lake Naivasha Boat ride and lunch
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
Booking & Reservations for Mount Longonot Hiking Day Trip Safari Contacts;
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile/ WhatsApp : + 254 721-242-711
Mobile : + 254 780-242-711