Mount Kenya Day Trip Hike Sirimon Route
Mount Kenya Day Trip Hike Sirimon Route | Sirimon Route Mount Kenya Hiking | Trekking Mt Kenya Sirimon Route | Hiking Mount Kenya Sirimon Route | 1 Day Mt Kenya Climb | Mt Kenya Trekking Sirimon | Mount Kenya Sirimon Route | Sirimon day Hike Mount Kenya tour | Mount Kenya climb Day Trip | Mount Kenya Climb 1 Day | Hiking Trip Mount Kenya Trek | Nairobi Excursions | Nairobi Hiking Day Tours, | Nairobi 1 Day Trips | Day Trip to Mt. Kenya | Climbing Mt Kenya Cost | Mount Kenya 1 Day Trekking Climbing |Information
Mount Kenya Day Trip Hike Sirimon Route: Our one day Mount Kenya climbing/ trekking day tour from Nairobi using the Sirimon route offers the gentlest slope of all approach routes and is therefore perfect for beginners.
The Sirimon route is popular for its unique forest and the opportunity for viewing wildlife. There are 2 distinctive Sirimon routes that one can choose to take during our one day-trip hike up the mountain.
You could choose either the Sirimon lower forest one day trip or the Sirimon Moorland one day trip.
Sirimon lower forest one day trip begins from Nanyuki town where we drive to the Park entrance gate, and begin the hike through the Gallery forest up to Old Moses Camp at an altitude of 3000 meters.
This is a favorite spot for ornithologists and offers an opportunity to see the Grevy Zebras in the forest.
Sirimon Moorland one day trip begins from Nanyuki town where we drive to the Park entrance gate, complete park entry formalitiesand then continue driving to Old Moses Camp. From here the hike starts through the barrow towards Liki North Valley.
Here the Moorland offers a gentle climb through fascinating vegetation with a chance of seeing the peaks.
Mount Kenya Day Trip Hike Sirimon Route Itinerary
Day 1: Nairobi – Drive to Nanyuki Town – Proceed to Mount Kenya Park Entrance Gate
0700 Hours: We depart from Nairobi after an early breakfast at your hotel/ residence and drive to Nanyuki town the capital of Laikipia County. Presently Nanyuki is a base for the Kenya Air Force and a training area for the British Army.
Nanyuki continues to be an important town for Mount Kenya climbers, supply centre for farms and is close to ranches, game parks conservancies in the region.
From Nanyuki Town (1980 meters) we drive toward the Mount Kenya to the Sirimon gate at 2650 meters. The distance between Nanyuki and Sirimon Gate is 23 km’s.
1030 Hours: On completion of park entry formalities at the Sirimon Gate, you begin a 3½ hour (9 km’s) hike through forest, bamboo, rosewood and heather zones to Old Moses camp (also called Judmeier Camp) at 3300 meters.
We gain 740 meters on the ascent and begin to truly acclimatize. The forest and bamboo are home to hundreds of buffaloes, elephants, bushbucks and a plethora of bird species.
1330 Hours: We hike a little higher about 1 km from Old Moses camp to 3600 meters to see 2 Mount Kenya peaks – Nelion and Batian next to each other. These peaks are climbed only by professional alpinists.
1400 Hours: After taking pictures we descend down from 3600 meters to Old Moses camp at 3300 meters for our picnic lunch.
1500 Hours: After lunch we descend down for 9 km’s (1.5 hours) to Sirimon gate where you get your driver guide and transfer back to Nairobi.
1900 Hours: We arrive back to Nairobi, transfer you to your hotel/ residence.
Mount Kenya Day Trip Hike Sirimon Route Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged 8 to 11 Years|
|1st January 2019||31st December 2019||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* This tour departs daily and also private departures are available
* Anyone contemplating one of our expeditions should take regular exercise
* It is recommended that you start a training program at least one, if not two months before your safari. “Running, swimming, cycling and stair-climbing are all good ways of toning up muscles”
* Please note that the following items could be useful to you: water bottle, rain parka, light wool sweater and a pack for the camera and other gear. You will need only a day pack bag for this trek
Mount Kenya Day Trip Hike Sirimon Route Rates Includes:
* Lunch is included while on the trek
* All applicable Game Park entrance fees
* Guaranteed window seating with open top
* The porters and guides are trained in cookery and service
* Round trip transport from Nairobi to Mount Kenya and back to Nairobi
* Our professional local guides provide quality service on this mountain trek
Mount Kenya Day Trip Hike Sirimon Route Rates Do Not Include:
* International Airfare
* Cost of obtaining passport and visas
* Accommodations in Nairobi, Nyeri or Nanyuki
* Gratuity for your professional Mountain guide
* Gratuity for Porterage/ waiters at hotels, camps and airports
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
* Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including luxury champagne, luxury spirits, beer, wines during meals or meals not indicated in the itinerary
Booking & Reservations for Mount Kenya Day Trip Hike Sirimon Route Contacts;
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile/ WhatsApp : + 254 721-242-711
Mobile: + 254 780-242-711