Mount Kenya Climb 1 Day Hike Naro Moru Route
Mount Kenya Climb 1 Day Hike Naro Moru Route | 1 Day Mount Kenya Climbing Naro Moru Route | Mount Kenya Climbing Routes Naro Moru Route | Mt Kenya climb Naro Moru | Mount Kenya Naro Moru Route | Mount Kenya Trekking Safari | Mt Kenya Naro Moru Day Hike | Mount Kenya Climb 1 Day Hike | Mount Kenya Climbing Day Tours | Mount Kenya Trek One Day | Mount Kenya climb Day Trip | Mt. Kenya Trekking Day Trip | Mount Kenya Climb 1 Day Hiking Trip | Mount Kenya Climbing | Day Tour to Climb Mount Kenya | Mt. Kenya Climbing Day Safari
Mount Kenya Climb 1 Day Hike Naro Moru Route is designed for guests who have limited time and who are not interested in reaching any of the summits.
This 1 day safari from Nairobi is tailored to those who are interested in seeing the fascinating vegetation zones of an equatorial mountain and the associated rich animal and bird life.
Naru Moru route is the closest to Nairobi, with Naru Moru Park Gate situated about 175 km’s from Nairobi and 15 km’s from Naru Moru town.
Naru Moru route is therefore the natural choice for a day hike on Mount Kenyaif you are coming from Nairobi.
The forest surrounding the mountain support a large variety of wildlife such as elephant, buffalo, monkey, antelope, lion, zebra, eland, rock hyrax, giant forest hogs, leopard and various species of birds such as eagle, vulture, and sunbird among others
Mount Kenya Climb 1 Day Hike Naro Moru Route Summary
Distance from Nairobi: 175 km’s
Walking Duration: 6 hours to 8 hours
Hiking Staring Point : Naru Moru Park Gate
Hiking Ending Point: Naro Moru Park Gate
Terrain: Dirt road till the road ahead, steep wet trail to the vertical bog
Difficulty: Moderate to high. You need to be reasonably fit to this day hike
Mount Kenya Climb 1 Day Hike Naro Moru Route Itinerary
0700 Hours: Our Mount Kenya Climb 1 Day hike Naro Moru route departs from your hotel/ residence in Nairobi for Naru Moru Gate (Mount Kenya). We arrive at the Naru Moru Park Gate of Mount Kenya national park.
Here you will have photo opportunities of some wildlife such as bushbucks, waterbucks, baboons and bird life. Continue driving to the Met. Staion camp located at an altitude of 3,000 meters.
At the camp there is a lot of different types of vegetation were the guides will explain more about it.
1000 Hours: Take your packed lunch and start a leisurely pace trekking up the mountain. You will walk through different vegetations from bamboo forest, hagenia trees to heathers trees and beginning of moorland covered by tussock grass and flowered cabbage roberias, also great views of lowland and Aberdare ranges.
Along the way you will enjoy the enriched forest of birdlife and flowers on the high altitudes. After 3 to 4 hours of ascending you will be on top of Teleki valley where we have picnic rocks which will be our lunch spot (3,700 meters).
1300 Hours: Enjoy your lunch with great views. After lunch, continue hiking to the crest of the ridge at 4,000 meters to a vantage point from where you have splendid views of the main peaks of Mount Kenya as well as the Teleki Valley.
You will then descend down to Met. Station (2 to 3 Hours) where we will find our transport waiting to take you back to the lodge for a hot shower and a well earned rest.
(If you are returning to Nairobi, you will be back at around 1900 Hours on the same day).
Mount Kenya Climb 1 Day Hike Naro Moru Route Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged 10 to 12 Year|
|1st January 2019||31st December 2019||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* This tour departs daily and also private departures are available
* Anyone contemplating one of our expeditions should take regular exercise
* It is recommended that you start a training program at least one, if not two months before your safari. “Running, swimming, cycling and stair-climbing are all good ways of toning up muscles”
Mount Kenya Climb 1 Day Hike Naro Moru Route Rates Includes:
* Lunch is included while on the trek
* All applicable Game Park entrance fees
* Guaranteed window seating with open top
* The porters and guides are trained in cookery and service
* Round trip transport from Nairobi to Mount Kenya and back to Nairobi
* Our professional local guides provide quality service on this mountain trek
Mount Kenya Climb 1 Day Hike Naro Moru Route Rates Do Not Include:
* International Airfare
* Accommodations in Nairobi
* Cost of obtaining passport and visas
* Gratuity for your professional Mountain guide
* Gratuity for Porterage/ waiters at hotels, camps and airports
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
* Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including luxury champagne, luxury spirits, beer, wines during meals or meals not indicated in the itinerary
Booking & Reservations for Mount Kenya Climb 1 Day Hike Naro Moru Route Contacts;
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile/ WhatsApp : + 254 721-242-711
Mobile : + 254 780-242-711