Mombasa Town Full Day Tour | Things to do in Malindi | Tours from Watamu Malindi | Malindi Excursions | Malindi City Tours | Safaris in Malindi | Malindi Tour to Mombasa | Mombasa City Tours from Malindi | Malindi Day Excursions to Mombasa | Mombasa 1 Day City Tour from Malindi | Malindi Mombasa Day Tours
Mombasa Town Full Day Tour is a private excursion from Malindi to Mombasa Island for a full day city tour. The tour shows you some of Mombasa’s highlights while on a city tour. Malindi is located about 120 km’s from Mombasa Island and the driving time takes about an hour and a half.
The tour begins in Malindi (could also start from Watamu upon request) and drives south past the towns of Watamu, Kilifi and Mtwapa to arrive in Mombasa. Once in Mombasa your tour will focus on the main attractions of Mombasa city.
* Shopping, people and culture
* Likoni Channel – Port entry into Kenya
* Elephant tusks – the gateway to Mombasa
* Old town Mombasa with Swahili and Arab culture
* Akamba wood carving factory – local talents in arts
* Fort Jesus Museum… a history of the East Africa Coast
* City food and spice market – a glimpse into the lives of the local people
0700 Hours: After breakfast at your hotel in Malindi (Watamu) you will drive to Mombasa Island, a distance of 120 km’s from Malindi.
0900 Hours: Upon arrival in Mombasa Island you begin to explore the old town where you will walk along the narrow streets and visit the old harbor to see the old Arabic boats and one of the oldest mahindry mosque found near the old harbor.
Proceed to the market where you will learn about the food spices, foods and vegetables. Meet different traders buying and selling different types of goods.
Visit the Fort Jesus which was built by the Portuguese in 1593 by architecture from Goa. It later became the government prison during the British colonial period in 1947.
If there is time visit the Akamba hand craft (where you will learn about the wood carvings). Akamba hand craft is one of the largest wood carvings industry and market in Kenya.
Thereafter, visit the Indian temple where you will learn about the Hinduism and Lord Swaminarayan and Lord Rama.
You will also have the chance to see the elephant tusks which are found along Moi Avenue built in 1952 in the memory of King George of England during the British colonial period.
1230 Hours: Proceed for lunch at the centre of Mombasa city or by request, at Tamarind restaurant which is built on the shores of the Indian Ocean on the northern coast.
1400 Hours: After lunch, visit the Haller park where you may feed the giraffes, see the crocodiles and hippos feeding. The sanctuary home to buffalos, eland antelopes, giraffes, water bucks, oryx, snakes, crocodiles, hippos, tortoise and different types of birds’ species.
1600 Hours: Depart Haller Park for Malindi.
1800 Hours: Arrive back in Malindi town and drop off at your hotel/ residence.
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Child Aged|
3 to 12 Years
|1st January 2019||31st December 2019||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* This tour departs on request and the minimum number of guests is 1 person
* Price per person
* Lunch at Tamarind Restaurant
* All entry fees, service charge and taxes
* Professional English speaking guides. All are experts in the African wildlife & culture
* Pickup from your hotel in Mombasa – South or North Coast at 0800 hours and drop-off to your hotel
* Visit historical & cultural sites, bazaars, African artisans & art market, Fort Jesus Museum and Haller Park
* Airport taxes; meals, sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Tips or gratuity, drinks; travelers insurance; laundry, communication charges, visas, international airfares
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport – (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)