Mombasa Day Tours Funzi Island Full Day Boat Trip
Mombasa Day Tours Funzi Island Full Day Boat Trip | Day Tour Funzi Island | Kinazini Funzi Dhow Safaris | Kinazini Island Dhow Trips | Funzi Island Diani South Coast Day Tour | Ramisi River Dhow Trip | 1 Day Kenya Funzi Island Excursion | Mombasa 1 Day Tours | Funzi Island Boat Excursions | one-day excursion Funzi Island Boat Trip Ramisi River | Funzi Island Sandbank Swimming Trips | Diani Beach Day Trips
Mombasa Day Tours Funzi Island Full Day Boat Trip offers you an awe-inspiring Mombasa Diani Beach day excursion complete with a visit to Funzi Island (where the inhabitants live as they did hundreds of years ago).
This day tour includes a trip to the mangrove swamps of the Ramisi River to see crocodiles and wild birds, time on a magical Sandbank, an amazing gourmet lunch on the Private Island.
Funzi Island full day boat day trip offers an exciting day tour across the attractions of Funzi Bay. The bay is located at the south coast, 35 km’s south of Diani Beach.
We pick you up from your hotel and travel south on a road lined with coconut palms, mango trees and the occasional traditional village.
On arrival at Bodo Village, we greet you with a light Swahili breakfast of ‘Mahambri’, fruits and tea/ coffee, then begins the real adventure..
Mombasa Day Tours Funzi Island Full Day Boat Trip Itinerary
0730 Hours: We pick you up from your hotel and travel south on a road lined with coconut palms, mango trees and the occasional traditional village to Bodo beach for breakfast followed by a dhow trip.
This adventurous and relaxing trip begins with a motor canoe along River Ramisi. The Ramisi river is just nearby and boat tour will give the best excursion ever up the stream.
Enjoy a guided motor canoe ride along River Ramisi known for its natural attractions: bird-life and crocodiles. We will stop at the sandbank for a swimming episode and enjoyable sunbathing at the site.
During low tide, the sandbanks are a wonderful attraction for people to spend the day sunbathing and swimming but the activity is cut short when the high tide returns.
Later, visit a village on Funzi Island. The Island consists of four mangrove covered islands and Funzi Island is the main island and the only one with permanent inhabitants.
Funzi Island is near the Pemba Channel where one can take a boat trip for deep sea fishing. Funzi is one of the Kenya South Coast Islands and located less than 5 km from Bodo Village.
The archipelago is located in Kwale district and is less known to tourists than the nearby Diani Beach.
At the fishing village we meet the locals who are the Shirazi tribe mainly Muslim (approximately 1500 members). The Shirazi tribe depend mainly on fishing and agriculture.
The Shirazi tribe genetic roots go back to the Persian traders who have been visiting the East African coast for several hundreds of years, with some of them establishing permanent residence and inter-marrying with local people.
Our village visIt includes a visit to a medicine man’s workplace, a fisherman’s abode and also have the opportunity to see how the local people live, as they did hundreds of years ago, with no electricity or running water.
You will also visit a local village school, a private house and a market place where woven mats and straw hats can be purchased.
1300 Hours: Take a break at Funzi Mangrove Resort for lunch. Enjoy our sea food meals are specially prepared to leave you wanting for more.
The meals are specially prepared in Swahili style and include the day’s catch, grilled lobster, crab and more accompaniments. Soft drinks are included on board and wine, juices and sodas are provided with lunch.
1400 Hours: After lunch you can relax on Lamu beds or explore the island or swim again. In the afternoon the dhow cruises back to Bodo for your transport to your hotel at 1800 hours.
Mombasa Day Tours Funzi Island Full Day Boat Trip Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Child Aged 12 Years & Below|
|1st January 2019||31st December 2019||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Get special menu for children and vegetarians. This should be ordered a day before
* Make sure you have your swimming costumes, sunscreen, water shoes, exercise books and pencils for the school
* Our Mombasa Day Tours Funzi Island Full Day Boat Trip time : 0730 Hours – 1800 Hours (Possible to customize the tour)
* In Funzi Village, we will visit the only school on the island, see a medicine man’s workplace, a fisherman’s abode and also have the opportunity to see how the local people live, as they did hundreds of years ago, with no electricity or running water
Mombasa Day Tours Funzi Island Full Day Boat Trip Rates Includes:
* Boat Tour
* Funzi Island village walk
* Lunch with soft drinks & juices
* Professional English speaking guides
* All entry fees, guide fee, service charge and taxes
* Pickup from your hotel in Mombasa North Coast, Mombasa Island, Mombasa South Coast or Diani Beach and drop-off to your hotel
Mombasa Day Tours Funzi Island Full Day Boat Trip Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Alcoholic drinks such as Whiskies, Spirits, Liquors, Cognac, Wine, Champagne
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
Booking & Reservations for Mombasa Day Tours Funzi Island Full Day Boat Trip Contacts;
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile/ WhatsApp : + 254 721-242-711
Mobile : + 254 780-242-711