Menengai Crater Nakuru 1 Day Hiking Tour | Menengai Crater Day Hike | Menengai Crater Hike | 1 Day Hike Menengai Crater Nakuru | 1 Day Hiking Tour Hiking Menengai Crater Kenya | Nairobi 1 Day Trip Tour Menengai Crater | Menegai Crater Entrance Fees | Climbing Menengai Crater Nakuru | Nairobi Day Tours | 1 Day Hike Nairobi Tour
Menengai Crater Nakuru 1 Day Hiking Tour is a full day trip to climb Menengai crater. It is considered a moderate climb. Menengai crater is located 10 km (6 miles) north of Nakuru, the fourth-biggest city in Kenya.
The drive from Nairobi to Nakuru takes about 3 Hours (about 180 km from Nairobi). It takes another 10 minutes to drive from town to the foot of the crater where the Menengai Forest station offices are located.
Menengai crater is an extinct volcano and one of the world’s largest intact craters and it is 12 kilometers across and nearly 500 meter deep in places. The crater floor covers nearly 90 square kilometers.
While standing at the rim of the huge crater, one is able to have the view of the large stretch of the Northern Rift Valley in a panoramic view, having a glance at some of the mountains like the Tugen Hills, Mau, Abrade, Mathews Range, the Cherenganyi and the Elgeyo-Marakwet escarpment.
More striking is the fact that at the crater, one is able to have the beautiful view of Lake Bogoria, Lake Nakuru and the beauty of the crater itself.
The hike takes approximate 4 to 5 hours walk from the base of the crater to the rim and back.
Menengai Crater Nakuru 1 Day Hiking Tour hike begins downhill to the floor of the crater, a flat stretch, and then a rocky, grassy uphill to the summit.
It is a pleasant trip with breathtaking views into the crater as well as surrounding parts of the Rift Valley.
Various bird species as well as hyenas, baboons and dik dik can be spotted at the crater. The descent down the crater looks pretty easy.
However, it is the long trek upwards that is torturous. You need to be an expert hiker to conquer it!
With its amazing scenery, Menengai crater is indeed one of the most attractive places in the Rift Valley. The hiking, trekking, camping and picnicking options available to the visitor offer the promise of a rewarding trip.
There are also caves that can be explored, but they tend to be frequented by those on religious pilgrimages. Our Menegai Crater tour ends in Nairobi at 1900 Hours.
0700 Hours: Pick up from your hotel/ residence and depart for Menengai crater, Nakuru County
0830 Hours: Stop Over at the view point
1030 Hours: Arrival at the Menengai Forest station gate
1100 Hours: Begin hiking (approximate 4-5 hours). Starting point is at Menengai Crater Viewpoint. Hike is hard and challenging. You must be fit to finish the whole hike
1300 Hours: Enjoy a healthy packed lunch box
1600 Hours: Ending point: Menengai Crater viewpoint. Begin your journey back to Nairobi
1900 Hours: Arrival in Nairobi with fond memories to cherish for a lifetime
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||8 to 12 Year Child|
|1st January 2019||31st December 2019||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* This tour departs daily from Nairobi Hotels, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport or hotels in Naivasha, Nakuru, Njoro etc
* Please remember to take with you some snacks, hat or cap, sunglasses, sports wear and sunscreen, camera and spirit of adventure
* Picnic Lunch Box
* Services of a professional Guide for the hike
* All park entry fees to the Crater, service charge and taxes
* Pickup from your hotel in Nairobi and drop-off to your hotel
* Professional English speaking guides. All are experts in the African wildlife, culture, and tour guiding, many of who speak other European languages
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Minimum of 1 person required
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile/ WhatsApp : + 254 721-242-711
Mobile : + 254 780-242-711