Malindi Town Day Tour Gede Ruins Marine Park Trip
Malindi Town Day Tour Gede Ruins Marine Park Trip | Malindi Gedi Ruins Malindi Marine Park 1 Day Tour Malindi Day Tour Experience | Malindi Gedi Ruins Marine Park Full Day Tour | Malindi Day Tours
After enjoy sumptuous lunch and proceed to visit the Malindi Marine National Park in the Indian Ocean to see Coral Reefs, Tropical Fish, Barracuda, Turtles and Dolphins.
Malindi Town Day Tour Gede Ruins Marine Park Trip takes you for sightseeing to the best attractions in Malindi while on holiday in Kenya. A visit to the Malindi Marine National Park Reserve includes swimming with zebra fish to windsurfing.
The park is endowed with magnificent resources such as fringing reefs, coral gardens in the lagoons, sea grass beds, mangroves, mudflats, marine mammals, turtles and various species of shorebirds.
Visitors can also enjoy glass bottom boat rides, snorkeling, camping and beach walks in this veritable paradise. Malindi is also the home of Vasco da Gama Pillar a bell-shaped monument built by the Portuguese in 1498.
This monument is one of the oldest European cenotaphs built on the East African coast in 1498 amid Muslim resistance. It was built by the Portuguese to give direction for those following the sea route to India.
Da Gama was a Portuguese explorer and navigator, the first person to sail directly from Europe to India.
The tour includes lunch at Hemingway’s Watamu a 5 star luxury hotel located 25 km south of Malindi. Lunch includes a varied selection of delicious wraps, sandwiches and sharing platters plus a variety of grilled meats and seafood along with healthy salads.
After lunch we visit Gede Ruins – 5 minute drive from Hemingway’s Watamu. Gede Ruins, an archeologist’s delight, was one of the ancient Arab towns that dotted the East African Coast.
It dates from the late 13th or early 14th Century and was finally abandoned in the early 17th Century. Excavated since 1927, many areas have been revealed, including the Great Mosque, the Palace, several residential houses and pillar tombs.
Surrounded by tall shady trees, a walk through Gede is a must for anyone interested in the Swahili people and Kenya’s history.
Malindi Town Day Tour Gede Ruins Marine Park Trip | What to Do and See
* Glass boat ride in Malindi Marine Park to see some sensational fishes and can snorkel
* Lunch at the Hemingway’s Hotel. Malindi used to be a popular spot for Ernest Hemingway
* Take a walk in Malindi narrow alleys in the old part of town where the old houses have been lived in for centuries
* Visit the Church of St. Francis Xavier standing across Vasco da Gama’s pillar, where he carved the Christian cross
* Visit the Juma Mosque and learn about the unfortunate use of the structure for slave trading until the late 19th century
* 12 miles from Malindi is the town of Gedi. Despite Gedes close proximity to Malindi; it was never a focus of any European activity
Malindi Town Day Tour Gede Ruins Marine Park Trip Itinerary
0830 Hours:The tour starts with a visit of the Malindi Marine Park. After, you proceed to Malindi town to see the Vasco da Gama pillar and later you visit Gedi Ruins located on your to Mombasa.
Malindi is one of Kenya’s coastal towns North of Mombasa. Just like Mombasa, Malindi holds a lot of history.
Its scenic beauty and clean white beaches makes it one of the most visited towns. The Swahili people are the predominant culture found in Malindi.
This is a multi-ethic city, a mixture of different culture and religious, a multi colored human rainbow, this is how Malindi can be presented.
Down town and old center, the local market building and touristic resorts. Malindi is Kenyan beach holiday at all.
Malindi is the liveliest and entertaining place along the coast, with its discos, restaurant and pubs night parties on the beach, the casino. Everything needed to make an unforgettable holiday.
Malindi was made famous after Vasco da Gama’s stopover in 1498. In Malindi, you will see narrow alleys in the old part of town where the old houses have been lived in for centuries.
One of the oldest East African churches still stands strong; the Church of St. Francis Xavier still stands strong across from Vasco da Gama’s pillar, where he carved the Christian cross.
Also extant is the Juma’a mosque, which was misused as a haven for slave trading until mid 1870’s.
Gede Ruins is a 12th Century Swahili village that was mysteriously abandoned some 600 years ago due to unknown causes.
It is now a National Museum, and the ruins are heavily overgrown with beautiful indigenous forest trees, baobabs and tamarind.
Well worth a walk and a visit. Look out for Syke’s Monkeys, and the Golden Rumped Elephant Shrew can also be seen here.
A quiet, careful look in some of the old wells can turn out the odd owl, too.
The tour of Malindi area will encompass a visit to the lost city of Gedi, the town of Malindi, a ride out to sea in a glass bottom boat and lunch at Hemingway’s Beach Resort or Turtle Bay Beach Resort.
Later return back to your hotel in Malindi.
Malindi Town Day Tour Gede Ruins Marine Park Trip Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||8 to 12 Years Child|
|1st January 2020||31st December 2020||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Visit the town of Malindi
* Visit Malindi to see the Vasco da Gama’s pillar in Malindi
* Ride out to sea in a glass bottom boat and lunch at Hemingways Hotel
* Visit the ruins of the 13th century Swahili village of Gede, lying south of Malindi
Malindi Town Day Tour Gede Ruins Marine Park Trip Rates Includes:
* Mineral water during tour
* Professional English speaking guides
* All entry fees, guide fee, service charge and taxes
* Pickup from your hotel in Malindi and drop-off to your hotel
Malindi Town Day Tour Gede Ruins Marine Park Trip Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)