Malindi Full Day Tour Robinson Island Marafa Hell’s Kitchen | Hell’s Kichen Marafa Half Day Tour | Robinson Island Day Tour | Malindi Day Tour | Robinson Island & Marafa 1 Day Tour | Day trip to Marafa Hell’s Kitchen – Robinson Island | Robinson Island – Hell’s Kitchen Marafa Tour | Malindi Day Trips | Malindi Day Tours | Malindi City Tours | 1 Day Malindi Trips Safaris | Malindi Day Excursions
Malindi Full Day Tour to Robinson Island and Marafa Hell’s Kitchen is a 1 day Malindi tour package that combine 2 popular attractions in Malindi.
The morning is spent at Robinson Island while the afternoon is spent at Hell’s Kitchen/ Marafa Depression. Robinson Island is located about 35 km’s from Malindi about an hour’s drive.
0830 Hours: The trip to Robinson Island departs Malindi after breakfast at your hotel. The drive takes the Lamu road all the way to the mouth of the Sabaki River. Here we make a brief stop to observe the hippos and flocks of flamingos.
You the then proceed driving past little villages and along Indian Ocean sandy silver beaches to Ngomeni Salt Flats where most of Africa’s salt comes from.
After a 15 minutes drive from the turn off from the salt flats you leave your car and board a dugout canoe sailingthrough a lagoon surrounded by mangroves and palm trees and arrive at Robinson Island.
The charming Robinson Island restaurant is made entirely with mangrove roots, Makuti roof and white sand floor. It has large tables, big cushioned seating areas and has no electricity.
Remember if you want a beer or wine bring your own as the restaurant has no license to sell alcohol.
1300 Hours: Lunch is served at the Robinson Island restaurant. The restaurant serves only seafood – a typical Swahili meal.
The food is to die for with fresh crab, straight from the sea as big as dinner plates then followed by huge prawns, rice, barbecued fish, fruit and tea all served on a on a table adorned with colorful bougainvillea and frangipani flowers.
1400 Hours: After lunch, you have some time to rest on the comfortable sofas, sunbathe on pristine white sand or swim in the warm crystal clear water of the Ocean.
1530 Hours: Depart Robinson Island Beach-Chalet and drive through the countryside villages to Marafa Hell’s kitchen.
1630 Hours: We arrive at Marafa Hell’s Kitchen. The Marafa Depression, also known as Hell’s Kitchen, is an odd sandstone canyon outside of Malindi, Kenya.
Known locally as Nyari – “the place broken by itself” – it was once a great sandstone ridge worn by wind, rain, and floods into a series of jagged gorges.
The layer-cake colors of the sandstone reveal whites, pinks, oranges, and deep crimsons, making the gorge particularly striking at sundown, when tones of the ribbed sandstone gullies are highlighted and mirrored by those of the setting sun.
1900 Hours: Shortly before sunset, return to the hotel.
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||8 to 11 Years Child|
|1st January 2017||31st December 2017||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* This day tour is available upon request
* Services of a professional guide
* Boat ride sail to Malindi Robinson Island
* Optional chance to swim in the Ocean before lunch or after
* Return transport from Malindi to Robinson Island and Marafa Hell’s Kitchen
* Malindi’s Hell’s kitchen Marafa (mini grand canyon) walk down into the canyon and back to the rim
* Seafood Lunch (Oysters/ Molluscs, Crab, Prawns, Fish with Rice and desserts you get fruits the lastly Coffee or Tea
* International Airfare
* Cost of obtaining passport and visas
* Gratuity for your professional driver guide
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
* Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including luxury champagne, luxury spirits, beer, wines during meals or meals not indicated in the itinerary