Lamu Island Full Day Dhow Boat Trip | Boat Excursions Lamu Island | Boat Excursions Kenya Coast | Lamu Boat Dhow Safaris | Lamu Island Excursion | Lamu Dhow Trips | Lamu Boat Trips | Lamu Island Dhow Tours | Lamu Island Dhow Safaris | Lamu Island Day Tours | Lamu Sailing Dhow | Half Day Full Day
Lamu Island full day dhow boat trip is an excursion around Lamu Island by boat. This is a full day trip and can take up to 5 to 7 hours.
Lamu Island is 14 km’s in diameter. Sailing from Lamu or Shela along the Lamu – Mainland channel, stopover at Kipungani beach to swim, relax on the beach, and enjoy lunch.
The dhow crew will make a nice shed to protect you from direct sun. Lunch is included in the cost. On the way back, there is an option to visit the Matondoni or Kipungani villages.
The best place to see dhows being built is the village of Matondoni, in the island’s northwest. It’s a peaceful little fishing village that receives few visitors, so the welcome is always warm.
Matondoni village is also famous for traditional crafts such as weaving straw mats of palm leaves and coconut ropes. Walk through the village and witness how local dhows are made and participate in basket weaving.
Kipungani, ‘the place of fresh air’, is a small village at the island’s southwest tip where locals make straw mats, baskets, hats and kifumbu, used to squeeze milk from mashed coconut.
Depending on weather, the trip around Lamu Island can be arranged clock wise from the open sea or by following the channel between the mainland and Lamu Island.
Most dhows have cooler boxes which can be availed on request to keep your drinks cold during the trip.
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||8 to 11 Years Child|
|1st January 2019||31st December 2019||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Take the clothes and drinks you’d need for a fullday
* This trip is for maximum 2 persons and requires advance booking notice
* Cameras are easily damaged on dhow trips, so wrap them up well in a plastic bag
* Sailing around Lamu Island
* Visit Matondoni and Kipungani villages
* International Airfare
* Accommodation in Lamu
* Cost of obtaining passport and visas
* Gratuity for your professional guide
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
* Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including luxury champagne, luxury spirits, beer, wines during meals or meals not indicated in the itinerary