Kigali 1 Day Gorilla Trekking Trip Rwanda Short Safari
Kigali 1 Day Gorilla Trekking Trip Rwanda Short Safari | 1 Day Gorilla Trekking Rwanda Safari Volcanoes National Park | 1 Day Volcanoes National Park Gorilla Tracking Rwanda Safari | Short Gorilla Trek Volcanoes National Park | Rwanda Day Trips | 1 Day Gorilla Trekking Volcano Park Rwanda Prices | Rwanda Gorilla Tours Safari | Kigali 1 Day Excursions | Gorilla Trek Africa | Kigali Short Excursion Tours | Rwanda Day Tours Rwanda Short Gorilla Tour Volcanoes | One Day Gorilla Trekking Rwanda | Kigali Short Gorilla Trekking Tour Rwanda Rates | Rwanda Gorilla Tours | 1 Day Gorilla Trek Virunga
Kigali 1 day Gorilla trekking trip Rwanda short safari is the quickest or shortest mountain gorilla trekking tour in Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park. Taken as a day tour, following an early start from Kigali.
You arrive for a morning briefing and tea before choosing the closest gorilla group to trek. The trips usually return to Kigali before 1800 Hours.
The “Parc National de Volcans” (or PNV as it’s known by locals) is a haven for the mountain gorillas and is home to 5 of the 8 volcanoes of the Virunga Mountains (Karisimbi, Bisoke, Muhabura, Gahinga and Sabyinyo).
Tracking the endangered mountain gorillas on the slopes of the Virunga volcanoes is a magical experience.
Hike through mountain forests to experience these gentle creatures or make your way through airy bamboo forests to find the charming Golden Monkey.
Volcanoes National Park covers an area of 160 square kms and is covered in rainforest and bamboo. The park was the base for the zoologist Dian Fossey.
You can choose to trek to see the Mountain Gorillas, take the Dian Fossey hike, Golden monkey tracking or take the Crater Lake hike.
Kigali 1 Day Gorilla Trekking Trip Rwanda Short Safari Itinerary
0430 Hours: Our one day Rwanda Gorilla tour to Volcanoes departs from Kigali, in the company of our safari guide for 3 hours picturesque drive to Volcanoes national park found in Musanze province, habitat to endangered mountain gorillas.
Guests are advised and encouraged to spend the night in Ruhengeri a day before the hike to avoid the long drive since you wake up early if you start the tour from Kigali.
0630 Hours: On arrival, enjoy breakfast at the nearby gorilla lodge and proceed to the park headquarters at Kinigi (Musanze).
0730 Hours: A briefing about the do’s and don’ts while with the gorillas by the park warden at the headquarters takes about an hour.You will be assigned a family for your one day gorilla trekking Rwanda based on your trekking ability (easy, moderate or difficult).
0830 Hours: The tour guide will transfer you to the starting point of the gorilla trek. The trek may last anything between 1 – 6 hours of hiking to encounter the Mountain gorillas as this depends on the movement of the gorillas in their natural habitat.
Meet and stay with the gorillas and also learn about their unique behavior for a maximum of one hour.
Please maintain a distance of 10 meters from the Mountain gorillas. After an hour viewing of the Mountain gorillas and photographing them, have a picnic lunch.
7 gorilla family groups have been habituated for tourism therefore gorilla trekking in the Volcanoes national park is a glorifying experience that everyone ought to experience in their lifetime.
With only 650 mountain gorillas left in the whole world, these awesome creatures can only be seen in Uganda, Congo and Rwanda. The latter is where these gorillas can be seen much easier compared to the other places.
Waiting for you at the base of Virunga volcanic mountain ranges will be your safari guide until you complete your trek to transfer you back to Kigali.
1800 Hours: Drop off at your hotel or at the airport for your scheduled flight back home.
Kigali 1 Day Gorilla Trekking Trip Rwanda Short Safari Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Child Under 15 Years|
|1st January 2019||31st December 2019||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* You will be in a group of 8 people visiting a gorilla group
* The cost a permit to see mountain gorillas is 1500 US Dollars Per person
* Children below the age of 15 years are not allowed to trek gorillas both in Uganda and Rwanda
* Gorillas tend to chest thump as a way of easing stress and sending messages to other rival groups
* Porters are usually available for those who may need assistance with cameras or filming equipment
* You are advised to stay in a group and keep your voices as low as possible so as not to startle the Mountain gorillas
* Gorilla permits should be booked 3 to 6 months in advance, especially during Rwanda’s Tourist high season of June – September
* It is possible to select a gorilla group of your choice based on the level of trekking difficulty and the number of gorillas in the group
* Remember to wear trekking boots, trousers, long sleeved shirts, rain coat, jacket, flash camera, insect repellents, trekking stick (can be hired at the trekked point) and gardening gloves for protection against the stinging nettles while on the gorilla trek
Kigali 1 Day Gorilla Trekking Trip Rwanda Short Safari Prices Include:
* Unscheduled stops for pictures
* A picnic lunch from your lodge/ hotel
* Complimentary bottled water in vehicle
* Gorilla trackers and Rwanda park guide
* Afterwards, a Gorilla tracking certificate
* English speaking guide from African Spice Safaris
* Gorilla permit for Rwanda to be reserved in advance
* Round trip transportation in a Private 4×4 safari vehicle
* Pickup from your hotel in Kigali and drop-off to your hotel
Kigali 1 Day Gorilla Trekking Trip Rwanda Short Safari Prices Exclude:
* International flights into Rwanda
* Porters during the gorilla tour (optional)
* Personal expenses e,g, gratuity and laundry
* Extra gorilla treks – if wishing to add an extra day
* Visas where applicable, subject to country of origin
* Extra tours after the gorilla treks subject to availability
Kigali 1 Day Gorilla Trekking Trip Rwanda Short Safari Required Items
* Camera: Carry a good camera to capture this lifetime experience (no flash)
* Snack: You can carry a light snack to give you some energy during the walk in the forest
* Socks: You will have to tuck in the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside
* Rain Jacket: You are advised to carry rain jacket because if rains very often in Volcanoes National park
* Gloves: You will need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, name it, and some can be thorny
* Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes. Some times it rains during the trek, so skid proof shoes can come in handy
* Trouser and Shirts: The forest in Volcanoes NP is covered with thick undergrowth, therefore light trousers and long sleeved shirts are advised
* Water: Gorilla trekking can be very tiresome and you need to refill your tank as the trek goes on. It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek
Booking & Reservations for Kigali 1 Day Gorilla Trekking Trip Rwanda Short Safari Contacts;
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile/ WhatsApp : + 254 721-242-711
Mobile : + 254 780-242-711