Kenya National Archives Museum Nairobi Day Tour
Kenya National Archives Museum Nairobi Day Tour | National Archives Nairobi | Nairobi National Museum Kenya | Kenya National Archives Galleries & Museums | National Archives museum Nairobi | Tour of the National Archives Nairobi | National Museums of Kenya | Kenya National Archives museum | National Archives Nairobi
Kenya National Archives Museum Nairobi Day Tour takes 2 Hours. The museum as many exhibits that depict the history of Kenya and other East African peoples. Kenya National Archives Nairobi is located on Moi Avenue next to Ambassadeur Hotel.
The archives looks out to the Hilton Hotel while on the rear side is Tom Mboya street – serves a modern gateway to the crushing, chaotic avenues and alleys that the vast majority of Nairobi’s citizens tread daily.
When you step through the Kenya National Archives entrance, you are pleasantly surprised at the exhibition that greets you at the Murumbi Gallery on the ground floor.
It is not what you would expect to find in a place whose main purpose is the care and preservation of all public records and archives in Kenya.
When the late Joseph Murumbi and his wife Sheila sold their impressive African arts and crafts collection to the Government of Kenya in the 1980′s, it was put on display as the main attraction at the Kenya National Archives.
The collection takes you on a cultural tour of the African continent, showcasing the traditional implements and crafts used in days gone by in different parts of the continent.
You get to see some of the ancient African art, crafts, and functional items that inspired and influenced some of the world’s most celebrated artists like Matisse and Picasso.
Masks, weaponry, cowbells, traditional attire, tapestry, furniture, cooking implements, and many other artifacts from the Congo, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Mali, Mauritius, and other parts of this vast continent, are on display.
You also get to see the rich diversity of cultures in Kenya, from the intricate coastal Swahili craftsmanship, to the Masai ornaments and utilities that are still in use today.
Aside from the Murumbi Trust exhibition on the ground floor gallery, the Kenya National Archives has a photo exhibition of Kenya’s journey from the colonial era to the present day, in their first floor gallery.
It highlights key figures in Kenya’s struggle for independence, and various events and personalities who played a role in shaping this country.
The late Murumbi’s large collection of rare African books is also available for review at the Library in the Kenya National Archives. The Murumbis’ final resting place is the public cemetery at the Nairobi City Park in the Parklands area of Nairobi.
Kenya National Archives Museum Nairobi Day Tour Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||6 to 12 Year Child|
|1st January 2019||31st December 2019||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Kenya National Archives is open daily from 8 am to 5 pm on weekdays
* The Kenya National Archives is situated on Moi Avenue in the Central Business District, right opposite the Nairobi Hilton Hotel
* Kenya National Archives is a Museum loaded with Kenyan history. It contains artwork and handicrafts, as well as some historical documents and photos. It is right across from the Hilton Hotel on Moi Avenue
Kenya National Archives Museum Nairobi Day Tour Rates include:
* All charges for entry
* Return transport from your Nairobi residence
* Guided tour of the Kenya National Archives Museum
* Professional English speaking driver guides. All are experts in the African wildlife, culture, and tour guiding, many of who speak other European languages
Kenya National Archives Museum Nairobi Day Tour Rates Exclude:
* Tips or gratuity, drinks; travelers insurance; laundry, communication charges, visas
* International airfares and airport taxes; meals, sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
Booking & Reservations for Kenya National Archives Museum Nairobi Day Tour Contacts;
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile : + 254 721-242-711