Kampala City Tour Traditional Medicine
Kampala City Tour Traditional Medicine | Kampala Sightseeing Tour Traditional Medicine | Kampala Traditional Doctor Tour | Kampala Attractions Traditional Medicine | Kampala Day Tours Uganda | Traditional Doctor Tour Kampala City Tour | Kampala Traditional Medicine Sightseeing Tour | Kampala Traditional Doctor Walking Tour
Kampala City Tour Traditional Medicine; Discover the local, medical and historical highlights of Kampala on this 4-hour tour, led by an expert guide.
Get a glimpse of daily life as you wander along the city streets to the suburb of Katwe, before checking out local spots like Nakasero Market and the Old Taxi Park.
Then, visit three traditional health practitioners and learn how they work with modern hospitals to keep Uganda healthy. Finally, travel back in time to the Buganda kingdom, taking in sights such as Lubiri Palace.
Kampala City Tour Traditional Medicine Highlights
* Visit the Nakasero and Owino markets and chat with a local blacksmith for a look at trade in Kampala
* Experience the rich history of the Buganda Kingdom through its palace, parliament, and court of justice
* Explore the collaboration of traditional and biomedical medicine in Uganda with THETA, a local health NGO
* Meet three traditional health practitioners to understand how they provide holistic balance to Kampala’s most vulnerable populations
Kampala City Tour Traditional Medicine Itinerary
0800 Hours; after breakfast we pick you up from your hotel/ residence and begin the tour at the heart of the city. Walk with your guide to Katwe, one of the Ugandan capital’s busiest suburbs, stopping every now and then to chat with locals.
In Katwe, visit a blacksmith and take a look at his traditional handmade wares. Then, hop back inside your minivan and soak up the city sights as you journey to two of Kampala’s most thriving markets.
Walk around Nakasero Market and blend in with the locals as you peruse the fresh produce stalls. Then, sift through the colorful jumble of secondhand clothing at Owino Market before marveling at the hoard of white minibuses that make up the Old Taxi Park.
Next, meet up with a member of THETA, a non-governmental organization that is dedicated to improving the health of Ugandans by promoting the collaboration between traditional health practitioners and medical doctors.
With the member of THETA leading the way, visit three traditional health practitioners: a herbalist, a spiritualist and a traditional birth attendant.
See a demonstration of how each practice works, and gain valuable insight into the unique relationship that these practitioners hold with modern hospitals in Kampala.
Afterward, delve into the country’s past with a visit to Mengo Hill, an area steeped in history. Visit Lubiri Palace and take in the impressive architecture as you listen to your guide share stories of the Buganda kingdom, one of the oldest kingdoms in all of Uganda.
Then, follow your guide to the top of the hill for a stroll around the manmade lake before getting up close to the Buganda Parliament building and the Court of Justice.
Finally, enjoy a short ride in the minivan to Uganda National Mosque. Previously known as Gaddafi National Mosque, this monumental house of worship seats more than 15,000 people.
Your tour then concludes with a drop-off back at your hotel/ residence.
Kampala City Tour Traditional Medicine Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||8 to 12 Year Child|
|1st January 2018||31st December 2018||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Duration: 4 hours
* Moderate amount of walking is involved
* Dress standard: Tennis shoes/ running shoes are preferred. Sandals are not suitable for this tour
Kampala City Tour Traditional Medicine Rates Includes:
* Price per person
* Kampala City Tour Traditional Medicine
* Pick-up from your hotel in Kampala and drop-off to your hotel
* All park entry fees, service charge and taxes where applicable
* Professional English speaking guides. All are experts in the African wildlife, culture, and tour guiding, many of who speak other European languages
Kampala City Tour Traditional Medicine Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
Booking & Reservations for Kampala City Tour Traditional Medicine Contacts;
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile : + 254 721-242-711