Ithumba Hill Luxury Tented Camp Tsavo East National Park
Ithumba Hill Luxury Tented Camp Tsavo East National Park | David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust Lodges & Camps | Ithumba Camp Tsavo | Private Luxury Camps Tsavo East National Park | David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust’s Ithumba Hill Eco Lodge Tsavo East | Galdessa Camp | Tsavo East Safari Camps Lodges Hotels | Ithumba Hill Safari Camp | Ithumba Private Camp| Ithumba Hill Camp Rates | Umani Springs | Sheldrick Wildlife Trust Accommodation | Ithumba Camp Kenya | Tsavo East Self Catering Hotels Camps | Ithumba Hill Private Camp
Ithumba Hill Luxury Tented Camp Tsavo East National Park is located in the northern area of Tsavo East National Park and is owned by the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. The camp is 50 minutes by air from Wilson Airport (Nairobi) to the Ithumba Airstrip, or alternatively 5 to 6 hours by road from Nairobi.
Ithumba Hill Camp is a luxury thatched tented accommodation booked on exclusive use basis. The accommodation is a fully staffed self-catering property, with resident chef. A comprehensive shopping list guide can be provided by our office on request.
The camp is built on a hill and incorporates high standards of construction and decor. There is plenty of space to relax and unwind in. One can climb the hill to get an amazing view of the expansive wilderness.
From the lounge area upstairs, one can enjoy the spectacular sunsets and sunrises for which Tsavo is known, often with Kilimanjaro visible above the distant southern horizon. The traditional Lapa is great for meals and drinks or just lazing around.
The large lounge and dining area are adjoined under a high thatched roof offering a beautifully light and open space in which to relax, dine and entertain. A lower open deck can also be used, which is perfect for breakfasts and evening meals.
High on the hill commanding magnificent views backed by granite boulders is the pool terrace. This space is a tranquil area in which to enjoy the surroundings from the sun loungers and a cooling swim, whilst it can also make a perfect spot for al fresco dining.
There is a well equipped kitchen with a proficient cook. There is a fridge and a freezer, a cooker and oven, a gas barbeque and an ice cream machine. Ithumba Camp has no WI-FI. The electricity in the property is powered by solar.
The hot water is solar powered and during much of the year is in plentiful supply.The camp sleeps up to 8 guests, in 4 spacious and elegant raised tented bedrooms.
* The Boulder Room is surrounded by granite kopjes and has a bath as well as a shower
* The Yatta Room is situated against the side of the mountain and has the most commanding views
* The Baobab Room is situated between majestic baobabs and offers the easiest access along wooden walkways
* The Fig Room is tucked between the branches and shade of a giant fig tree and is furthest away from the main lodge area
In order to stay at this camp, guests need to sponsor one of the Sheldrick orphans. They can visit the elephant orphans nearby at the nearby Ithumba station twice a day and enjoy the midday mud-bath and the feeding of the elephant orphans.
Ithumba Hill Luxury Tented Camp Tsavo East National Park activities include game drives within the unique Northern Area of Tsavo or visit the elephant orphans at the nearby Ithumba station/ stockades in the early morning and evening as well as at the 11am mud bath.
One can relax in the camp and enjoying the resident wildlife, take guided walks along the Tsavo River, take a bush walk, do a night game drive, bird walks, and sundowners or take a guided hike up Ithumba Mountain. All walks are done accompanied by armed KWS rangers.
Ithumba Hill Luxury Tented Camp Tsavo East National Park Prices
2020 Residents & Non-Residents Accommodation Rates Per Night on Self Catering basis
|Number of Guests||Rate Per Night Whole Property|
on Exclusive Basis
|1 to 4 Guests||1,370 US Dollars|
|5 Guests||1,700 US Dollars|
|6 Guests||2,030 US Dollars|
|7 Guests||2,360 US Dollars|
|8 Guests||2,690 US Dollars|
* A trained Cook is also provided
* Ithumba Hill Camp is open all year
* The cost is for the accommodation only
* Ithumba Hill Luxury Tented Camp is offered on self catering basis. Experienced staff is available as and when required
* Guests at Ithumba Hill have exclusive use of the property. No other guest belonging to another group will be booked at the same time
* Please also note that each couple and individual in the group will need to be a foster parent in order to be able to visit and stay at Ithumba
* Children: Due to the elevated decks, walkways and platforms children under the age of 5 are not encouraged. Please consult with the camp should you have younger children. An adult should supervise children over 5 at all times
* There is a park entrance fee of 52 US Dollars as per person per day for Non-Residents adult; Residents 1030 Kenya Shillings per person per day and citizen 515 Kenya shillings per adult per day for Tsavo East National Park
* There is a park entrance fee of 35 US Dollars as per person per day for Non-Residents children; Residents 515 Kenya Shillings per child per day and citizen 215 Kenya shillings per child per day for Tsavo East National Park
* African Spice Safaris can provide a safari package that includes (Accommodation, a 4×4 Safari Vehicle, Driver guide, Food and Drinks for your stay. Kindly inquire)
Ithumba Hill Camp | What to Bring
* Sandals/ flip-flops
* Swimming costume
* Camera equipment
* Hat and sunglasses
* Personal first aid kit
* Torch (with spare batteries)
* IPod and portable speakers
* Games (cards or board games)
* Food and drink, including drinking water
* A warm fleece/ jumper for cooler evenings (July/ August)
* High-strength sunscreen, moisturizer, lip salve, mosquito repellent
Booking & Reservations for Ithumba Hill Luxury Tented Camp Tsavo East National Park | Kenya Contacts;
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile/ WhatsApp : + 254 721-242-711
Mobile : + 254 780-242-711