Ithumba Camp Tsavo East National Park
Ithumba Camp Tsavo East National Park | Tsavo Ithumba Camp | Tsavo East Accommodation | Ithumba Camp Rates Prices | Tsavo East Safari Camps | Tsavo East National Park Accommodation | Ithumba Self-Catering Tents | Ithumba Hill Camp Rates | David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust Ithumba Camp | Ithumba Accommodation | Tsavo East Self Catering Camps Lodges Hotels | Ithumba Hill Private Camp | Umani Springs Camp | Ithumba Private Camp | David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust
Ithumba Camp Tsavo East National Park belongs to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust and is located in Ithumba area on the northern part of Tsavo East National Park.
The camp is an exclusive and stylishly rustic self-catering tented camp located above the Galana River between bush and Acacia trees. The safari camp is about 98 km from Kibwezi town and it takes about 7 hours drive from Nairobi.
From Wilson airport to the Ithumba Airstrip is about 50 minutes flight. There are 4 large safari tents, which are covered from makuti roofs and only accommodate up to 8 guests. Each tent connects to open air bathroom and has a dressing room and a spacious verandah.
Guests at Ithumba Camp have exclusive use of the property. No other guest, belonging to another group, will be booked at the same time. The camp is on self catering basis and guests are welcomed to prepare their own meals in the well equipped kitchen. A chef is available on request.
There is an open building comprising of main dining, lounge and a small roof terrace and view into the bush is the heart of this Camp. The camp is powered by limited solar electricity. Ithumba Camp has no WI-FI. Mobile phone reception is specific to certain areas which the resident staff can identify for you.
Throughout the camp there are lights and power outlets, which can be used day and night. Please do not use hairdryers.
Activities avalable at the camp include;
* Excursions to the Tiva River and Yatta Plateau
* Relaxation in camp enjoying the resident wildlife
* Game Drives within the unique Northern Area of Tsavo
* Arrangements can be made for a guided hike up Ithumba Mountain
* Guided walks along the Tiva River. All walking has to be done accompanied by armed KWS rangers
* Access to the orphans at the stockades in the early morning and evening as well as the 11am mud bath
Ithumba Camp Tsavo East National Park Accommodation Rates
Non-Resident Rates January 2019 – December 2020
|Number of Guests||Rate Per Night for the Whole Property|
|1 to 6 Guests||1,250 US Dollars|
|7 Guests||1,450 US Dollars|
|8 Guests||1,650 US Dollars|
* Minimum Night Stay: 2 Nights
* Seasons: Ithumba Camp is open all year
* Booking rules: Booking of this property is for foster parents only
* Due to its small size (four tents) and proximity to elephants (both orphans and wild ones), Ithumba gets booked up really fast – often a year in advance
* Mixed group with Residents and Non Resident The official rate to apply for the entire group would be for Non-Residents as you book the camp exclusively
* Children: Children under the age of 5 are not encouraged. Please consult with the African Spice Safaris should you have younger children. An adult should supervise children over 5 at all times
* Catering: This property is self-catering and a comprehensive shopping list guide can be provided by our office on request. Ithumba Camp has a large and well equipped kitchen with a proficient cook. There is a fridge freezer, a cooker and oven
* Check-in & check-out Policy: Check in is strictly after 10 am. Check out is strictly before 0930 Hours. Access to the orphans’ mud-bath is not possible on the day of checkout as that is reserved for the arriving guests
* Park Entry Fees: Regarding park entrance fees, please note they are to be paid before arrival at Ithumba, as there is no payment system for park entrance fees at the Ithumba Kenya Wildlife Service gate. Park entrance fees not included in the rates above. Non-Residents pay 75 US Dollars per person (Child 35 US Dollars) while East African Residents pay 1,200 Kenya Shillings per adult and child 600 Kenya Shillings. Citizens pay 700 Kenya Shillings and children pay 350 Kenya Shillings per day
What to Bring:
* Personal first aid kit
* Food and drink, including drinking water
* A warm fleece/ jumper for cooler evenings (July/ August)
* Sandals/ flip-flops/ swimming costume/ hat/ sunglasses/ sunscreen/ mosquito repellent
* Torch (with spare batteries)/Binoculars/Camera equipment/ iPod and portable speakers
Booking & Reservations for Ithumba Camp Tsavo East National Park – Kenya
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile/ WhatsApp : + 254 (0) 721-242-711
Mobile : + 254 (0) 780-242-711