Giraffe Centre Karen Blixen Kazuri Bead Tour | Karen Blixen Museum Kazuri Bead Centre Giraffe Centre Nairobi Tour | Tour Karen Blixen museum Giraffe Center Kazuri Beads Craft Center | Nairobi Kenya Short Tours | Nairobi Day Excursions | Karen Blixen Giraffe Centre Kazuri Bead Center Tour | Kazuri Beads Factory Pottery Centre Karen Blixen Giraffe Centre Tour
Giraffe Centre Karen Blixen Kazuri Bead Tour enables you to visit 3 great locations in one tour. All situated on the outskirts of Nairobi in the Karen District, this tour takes about 4 Hours.
Our Nairobi day tour begins with a pick-up from your hotel/ residence to Karen Blixen Museum located on the outskirts of Nairobi on Karen road. The museum history dates back to 1914, during the First World War, with the arrival of Karen Blixen from Denmark.
At the foot of Ngong Hills, Karen Blixen established herself as a farmer. After her departure in 1931, the suburbs retained the commemorative home of Karen.
The house was used during the filming of the famous movie that immortalized Karen Blixen’s book by the same name (‘Out of Africa’). The Museum has beautifully landscaped gardens and an all-encompassing Ngong Hills View.
The visit at the museum takes approximately an hour at most. Karen Blixen museum is exactly 5 km’s (just over 3 miles) from the Giraffe Centre.
The Giraffe Center is a wonderful and refreshing experience undertaken during African Spice Safaris city excursion. The tour gives a completely up close and personal interaction where guests have the opportunity to view giraffes as well as feed them.
There is an impressive variety of bird’s species which can be viewed through the year. The Giraffe centre visit lasts about an hour. Next stop is the Kazuri bead centre – a self-help women project where handmade ceramics and jewellery are produced.
A visit to the workshop and craft centre will take about an hour and here you will see the various processes. A knowledgeable guide shows you around the factory.
You will see the entire bead making process from the molding of raw clay through to the glazing, decorating and threading of beads as finished products. The salesroom is attractively laid out and a beautiful place to visit.
Kazuri means “small and beautiful” in Swahili and this describes each and every beautifully hand-made ceramic bead which is shaped by hand by the women who work at the Kazuri workshop. The beads are kiln fired once, glazed and then fired again before being strung.
Lunch will be served at the Utamaduni “veranda” Restaurant. The menu includes Nairobi’s best Zanzibar soup ~ salads, sandwiches, steaks and fresh costal seafood selections followed by dessert – Lemon Lime Cheesecake.
All these are prepared fresh daily in a hearty home-cooked fashion, served with typical Kenyan hospitality.
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||8 to 12 Year Child|
|1st January 2019||31st December 2019||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Giraffe Centre Karen Blixen Kazuri Bead Tour – Departs daily at 0900 Hours (or at your convenience)
* Price per person
* All entry fees, service charge and taxes
* Lunch at the Utamaduni “veranda” Restaurant
* Pickup from your hotel in Nairobi and drop-off to your hotel
* Visit Karen Blixen Museum, handmade ceramic jewelry making at Kazuri Bead factory and the Giraffe Centre
* Professional English speaking guides. All are experts in the African wildlife, culture, and tour guiding, many of who speak other European languages
* Tips or gratuity
* Minimum of one person required
* International airfares and airport taxes
* Visas, meals, sightseeing not included in the package
* Travelers insurance; laundry & communication charges
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport), optional activities
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile : + 254 721-242-711