Galdessa Private Camp Tsavo East
Galdessa Private Camp Tsavo East | Galdessa Camp Tsavo East | Galdessa Private Camp Rates | Tsavo East Galdessa Private Camp | David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust Tsavo National Park | Galdessa Tsavo Safari Camp | Galdessa Camp Tsavo Sheldrick Wildlife Trust | Tsavo East Accommodation | Galdessa Safari Camp | Galdessa Camp Tsavo | Galdessa Eco-Lodge Safari | Tsavo East Camps | Tsavo East Lodges | Tsavo East Bandas | Tsavo East National Park Accommodation | Galdessa Camp Room Rates
Galdessa Private Camp Tsavo East is situated on the banks of the Galana River in the heart of Kenya’s largest Park, Tsavo East National Park.
This luxury tented accommodation is booked on exclusive basis and is built on elevated wooden decks under attractive thatched shade. Galdessa Private Camp is self-catering and comes fully staffed with trained chef.
The camp overlooks the Yatta Plateau, 15 km upstream of Luggard’s Falls. The nearest town to the camp is Voi. Galdessa Private Camp is easily accessed by road, 3.5 hours from Mombasa and 5 hours from . Nairobi
The camp is an hours’ flight from Nairobi and has an all weather airstrip which is 15 minutes drive away.
Galdessa comprises two private properties – Galdessa Private Camp which accommodates 6 guests in 3 luxury tents andGaldessa Camp which accommodates 10 guests in 5 tents. Both can be booked to accommodate 16 guests.
Galdessa Private Camp has 3 spacious thatched and semi-tented bungalows erected on wooden platforms. Each banda has handmade furniture and has en-suite bathroom with traditional bucket shower, flush toilet and basin with running water.
The bandas are well spaced, concealed from each other by foliage, and are designed in natural wood and earthy colors. There bandas are situated a good distance apart and natural foliage is used to subtly conceal neighboring bandas.
The central building house a spacious dining area, a bar, and a large, comfortable lounge where guest will have their meals and relax.
The dining area is spacious, open sided, high thatched roof with glorious views across the river. The central building has a scattered dozen comfy sofas. All furniture is custom-made; with heavy, varnished logs of dead wood salvaged from the park and stylish and cream cushion covers.
Activities in Galdessa Private Camp Tsavo East include game drives, bush breakfasts, bush picnics, sundowners, walking safaris along the Galana River and remain at the camp watching hippos, elephants and more as they come to cool off in the river.
The camps highlight includes a special access to visit the orphan elephants at the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust’s Voi Reintegration Unit for Foster Parents.
All revenue generated from Galdessa Private Camp contributes towards the sustainable protection and preservation of Tsavo East National Park remote and untouched wilderness.
This is done through build and maintaining fence lines, water for wildlife (dams, boreholes and waterholes), aerial surveillance, support Anti-Poaching operations and upgrading KWS rhino base in Galana.
Galdessa Private Camp Tsavo East | What to Bring
* Sandals/ flip-flops
* Swimming costume
* Camera equipment
* Hat and sunglasses
* Personal first aid kit
* Torch (with spare batteries)
* IPod and portable speakers
* Games (cards or board games)
* Food and drink, including drinking water
* A warm fleece/ jumper for cooler evenings (July/ August)
* High-strength sunscreen, moisturizer, lip salve, mosquito repellent
Galdessa Private Camp Tsavo East National Park Accommodation Prices
2020 Non-Residents Accommodation Rates Per Night on Self Catering basis
|Number of Guests||Rate Per Night Whole Property on Exclusive Basis|
|1 to 6 Guests||2,500 US Dollars|
* A trained Cook is also provided
* The cost is for the accommodation only
* Galdessa Private Camp is open all year
* Galdessa Private Camp is offered on self catering basis. Experienced staff is available as and when required
* Please also note that each couple and individual in the group will need to be a foster parent in order to be able to visit and stay at Ithumba
* Galdessa comprises two private properties, accommodating 6 guests across 3 tents, and 10 guests across 5 tents. Both can be booked to accommodate 16 Guests
* Children: Due to the elevated decks, walkways and platforms children under the age of 5 are not encouraged. Please consult with the camp should you have younger children. An adult should supervise children over 5 at all times
* There is a park entrance fee of 52 US Dollars as per person per day for Non-Residents adult; Residents 1030 Kenya Shillings per person per day and citizen 515 Kenya shillings per adult per day for Tsavo East National Park
* There is a park entrance fee of 35 US Dollars as per person per day for Non-Residents children; Residents 515 Kenya Shillings per child per day and citizen 215 Kenya shillings per child per day for Tsavo East National Park
* African Spice Safaris can provide a safari package that includes (Accommodation, a 4×4 Safari Vehicle, Driver guide, Food and Drinks for your stay. Kindly inquire)
Booking & Reservations for Galdessa Private Camp Tsavo East – Kenya Contacts;
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile/ WhatsApp : + 254 721-242-711
Mobile : + 254 780-242-711