Coffee Tea Farm 1 Day Tour Nyeri
Coffee Tea Farm 1 Day Tour Nyeri | Nyeri Coffee Tea Plantation Tour | Kenya Coffee Tea Farms Tours | Kiambethu Tea Farm Tours | Nairobi Coffee Tea Farm Day Trip | Kenya Agriculture Tours | Kenya Tea Coffee Farm visits | Coffee Plantation Tours
Coffee Tea Farm 1 Day Tour Nyeri is a full day tour from Nairobi that departs daily at 0700 Hours. The tour begins with a pick-up from your residence in the city and a transfer by road to Nyeri.
You arrive at Mboi farm at about 1100 Hours and are welcomed with a cup of tea/ coffee and some snacks. The farm owner will welcome you followed by a brief orientation of the farm. After you will begin your tour with a visit to the cowsheds.
Here you can try out your hand in milking and feeding fodder to the cows. After milking, we enter the coffee farm. Guests will see where some of the world’s finest coffee comes from and how it is grown.
Later at the farmhouse, you can also participate in grading, roasting and grinding some of this coffee for use in the farm (Kahawa chungu). From the coffee farm, you proceed to the tea section through the farm.
Along the way we will see Muratina trees which were used to make the traditional kikuyu brew. You will see how the brew was made with honey or sugar cane sap and if you wish, you can enjoy a sip and feel the taste.
You also pass by the Kikuyu traditional hut which will take you back in time before the first European explorer had set foot in Africa. At the tea estate, we get straight to work by putting on the picking basket (Kigara).
You will be taught how tea is it picked by hand. Picking makes all the difference and it gives Kenyan tea its famed taste of quality. The average tea picker collects about 20 kilos in a day.
From the tea fields we head back to the house in time to find Susan making chapatis for lunch. If you wish, you can join her. Just wash your hands and flex your arms on the Chapatti rolling pin.
After the cooking lesson, we sit for lunch served outdoors or in the house. Lunch includes Kenyan dishes such as Kienyeji, Githeri spiced with international seasonings. By the time you are through, you will definitely know the true taste of Central Kenya.
Most of the food supplies are freshly picked from the farm. This caps an eventful well spent morning. After lunch, you can plant a tree at the farm and then you head off for a stroll into the village.
Time permitting, you can visit at least one or two of different places such as Zaina falls, the local school, the village center, the church, the cattle dip or the football grounds.
You can also accompany John as he delivers picked coffee to the factory and see how it is processed. After an eventful day you will travel back to Nairobi and dropped back at your residence.
Coffee Tea Farm 1 Day Tour Nyeri Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||8 to 12 Year Child|
|1st January 2017||31st December 2017||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* This tour departs daily from Nairobi Hotels or from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport or from any point within Nairobi
* For guests who would like to spend an overnight at Mboi farm, there are three double rooms which can take a maximum of six guests. Staying overnight gives guests a chance for better interaction with the host family which gives them a perfect understanding of the region and the country
Coffee Tea Farm 1 Day Tour Nyeri Rates Includes:
* Farm tour
* Nyeri Village tour
* Services of a Local guide
* Welcoming Tea/ Coffee and Snacks
* Round Trip road transfer from Nairobi to the farm and back to Nairobi
Coffee Tea Farm 1 Day Tour Nyeri Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Minimum of two persons required
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities like Naivasha Boat ride and lunch
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
Booking & Reservations for Coffee Tea Farm 1 Day Tour Nyeri Contacts;
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile : + 254 721-242-711