Arusha Cultural Full Day Tour Ngiresi Village
Arusha Cultural Full Day Tour Ngiresi Village | Ngiresi Village Half Day Trip | Ngiresi Village Half Day Tour | Ngiresi Village Half Day safari Ngiresi Village full Day Trip | Ngiresi Village one and a Half Day Tour | Ng’iresi Tanzania Cultural Tourism Programme | Arusha Ng’iresi Cultural Tour | Arusha Day Tours Tanzania | Arusha Ngiresi Cultural Tour | Ngiresi Village Tour | Arusha Day Trips Ngiresi Cultural Tours Ngiresi Village from Arusha
Arusha Cultural Full Day Tour Ngiresi Village is a full day excursion to the village of Ngiresi. The Ngiresi Village is situated 7 kilometers out of Arusha on the green and steep slopes of Mount Meru.
The inhabitants of the village are all farmers of the Wa-arusha tribe (Masai tribe). Arusha Day Tour gives you a first-hand look into the real life of the Wa-arusha tribe.
You get to meet them in the countryside and learn about their Culture and way of way of life.
Arusha Cultural Full Day Tour Ngiresi Village takes place in a village Ng’resi at the slopes of Mount Meru.
Ng’iresi is situated 7 kilometers out of Arusha on the green and steep slopes of Mount Meru. The inhabitants of the village are all farmers of the Wa-arusha tribe (Masai tribe).
The Wa-arusha are family of the Masai, but have gradually shifted from pastoralist to agriculture. Some Wa-arusha are still living in the traditional boas, others try hard to build up stone houses; some still depend on their cows, others have cultivated large plots. The village perfectly shows the transition from traditional into modern African life.
On the steep slopes agriculture is not an easy activity. If farmers don’t take preventive measures, soil erosion takes place rapidly. Many farmers now have started to place contour lines and build terraces.
The irrigation system in the village further helps the farmers to increase their harvest. Some villagers even participate in other innovative projects, like a fish nursery, a biogas system and a cross breeding project.
All the activities take place on the magnificent slopes of Mount Meru, where small rivers race downhill cascading into impressive waterfalls. The volcanic activities of Mount Meru have created many small hills around Ng’iresi. Some of them easily can be climbed within an hour. From the top you have a beautiful view over the surrounding area.
Ngiresi Village offers you an opportunity to learn about the real life of the Masai, meet people Masai people in the countryside and also learn about the Masai Culture, about their way of life.
– Climb to Kevisi Hill, an old volcano with a natural forest on top
– View into the Wa-arusha culture (old stories, traditional houses)
– A guided tour to some farms on the green and steep slopes of Mt. Meru
– Visit to several development projects in our village (soil conservation, irrigation, cross breeding, bio gas, fish nursery)
Arusha Cultural Full Day Tour Ngiresi Village Activities
* Enjoy a delicious lunch prepared by a local family
* Learn about the Wa-arusha culture (old stories, traditional houses)
* A guided tour to some farms on the green and steep slopes of Mt. Meru
* Take a walk towards the Forest Reserve in Olgilai, the neighboring village
* Visit the beautiful Navuru waterfall, surrounded by walls covered with abundant vegetation
* A visit to one or two development projects in the village (soil conservation, irrigation, cross breeding, biogas, fish nursery)
Arusha Cultural Full Day Tour Ngiresi Village Itinerary
0800 Hours: Arusha Cultural Full Day Tour Ngiresi Village departs early morning for Ngiresi, just outside of Arusha. You will be welcomed with coffee and tea at Mzee Loti’s farm. After, a local guide speaking good English will tell you about the history, culture and daily life of the village.
The guide will also take you around the village to show you the different development project in Ngiresi village which include biogas, crossbreeding and soil conservation projects on the farm.
Next, you will take a walk to some nearby homes, where you will see the various types of traditional Masai and Wa-arusha houses. Back at Mzee Loti’s farm, you get a traditional meal cooked by the Juhudi women’s group.
1300 Hours: After lunch you will take a walk towards the Forest Reserve in Olgilai, the neighboring village. A small path will lead you into the steep canyon of the Themi river. Hornbills and blue monkeys are seen playing around.
You will cross the river several times before reaching the beautiful Navuru waterfall, surrounded by walls covered with abundant vegetation.
1600 Hours: After, return back to Mzee Loti’s farm to board our vehicle and transfer back to Arusha.
Arusha Cultural Full Day Tour Ngiresi Village Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||8 to 12 Year Child|
|1st January 2020||31st December 2020||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Arusha Cultural Full Day Tour Ngiresi Village can also be combined with a visit to the traditional healer at the edge of the forest
Arusha Cultural Full Day Tour Ngiresi Village Rates Includes:
* Price per person
* Pick-up from your hotel in Arusha and drop-off to your hotel
* Tour of Ngiresi Village as described above + Visit the beautiful Navuru waterfall
* Professional English speaking guides. All are experts in the African wildlife, culture, and tour guiding, many of who speak other European languages
Arusha Cultural Full Day Tour Ngiresi Village Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Minimum of two persons required
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
Booking & Reservations for Arusha Cultural Full Day Tour Ngiresi Village Contacts;
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile : + 254 721-242-711