Arusha Cultural Day Tour Mulala Village
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Mulala Village | Mulala Cultural Tour Program Arusha Day Trip | Arusha Tanzania Tour Mulala Cultural Tourism Tanzania Day Trips Mulala Village | Tanzania Day Excursions Mulala Cultural Program | Arusha Day Tours Tanzania | Mulala Tanzania Cultural Tourist Trips | Tanzania Village Tours
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Mulala Village is an exciting full day excursion from Arusha to the village of Mulala, Tanzania. Mulala village is located on the slopes of Mount Meru about 40 kilometers from Arusha town along the Arusha-Moshi highway.
The Mulala village is a typical rural setting on the southern slopes of Mt. Meru and surrounded by spectacular scenery. The women of Mulala have united in the form a Women’s organization Group.
Through this group, they try to support economic activities of the members and start new income-generating projects.
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Mulala Village combines any of the following tours listed below:
Take a walk through a coffee plantation and learn about the different steps of the coffee making process. Participate in the preparations, singing and dancing, and enjoy a cup of homemade coffee.
Walk through the coffee and banana farms of Mulala village down to the scenic Marisha riverbank. Enjoy the tropical vegetation and home of colorful birds and primates.
Mulala village walk
Enjoy the rural setting of Mulala village. Walk through a maze of lush, green vegetation and visit coffee and banana farms.
Agape women traditional activities
Visit traditional farms and learn about the various economic activities of Mulala village; Cheese and bread making, flower seeds and chili growing, honey harvesting from traditional beehives and sewing.
Meru Forest Reserve trek
Take a walk in the forest reserve and climb up to the foot of Mount Meru peak. Enjoy nature and many species of birds and monkeys.
Lemeka Hills hike
Head up to Lemeka hills for a breathtaking view of Mount Meru and Mount Kilimanjaro. Visit a traditional healer and learn about the Meru tribe’s history. Enjoy a walk through the Meru forest to the Marisha river.
Mulala village tours take place in a community-owned estate with almost 100 small family farms in Mulala village. It is a rural setting on the southern slope of Mount Meru in Arusha, Tanzania, and is surrounded by spectacular scenery. Mulala Village lies 1, 600 – 1,700 metres above sea level.
The estate includes coffee plantations, banana farms, honey harvesting and extraction, and cheese-making unit. Our environment includes lush vegetation, a forest reserve, and spectacular views from Mount Meru of Mount Kilimanjaro.
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Mulala Village Highlights
Our Arusha Cultural Day Tour Mulala Village include the following experience which are refreshing as well as entertaining;
* Nice garden where you will relax and enjoy a wholesome lunch prepared by the local women
* A scenic walk through the coffee and banana farms providing a glimpse of every day challenges at work
* Walking in the forest reserve or by the Marisha river bank to enjoy views of Mt. Meru and Mt. Kilimanjaro
* Tour Mama Anna’s local cheese production and see the finished product supplied to the nearby hotels and markets
* Visit the farms of the Women’s Organization group. The women will explain their farming methods and show you the various economic activities they have started, like cheese-making and bread-making
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Mulala Village Itinerary
0830 Hours: Depart Arusha after breakfast and drive to Mulala Village, situated on the southern slopes of Mount Meru about 40 kilometers from Arusha.
Mulala is a typical rural village where most people are subsistence farmers, raising coffee, bananas, fruit and vegetables in addition to keeping livestock for milk and meat.
The women there have come together to form a support group to enable and enhance their economic activities such as cheese and bread making and farming.
0930 Hours: Upon arrival you will be greeted by singing and dance. You will have a cup of tea or coffee before setting you on the farm for a tour led by a local guide.
In addition to visiting Mama Anna’s cheese making dairy, you will have a 1½ hour guided walk whereby you can visit all five members of the Agape women’s group and learn about their various activities.
Here also you will visit with the village’s traditional healer who can tell you about the history of the Meru tribe. You can also visit with local artisans or farmers who will provide extensive explanations about their work.
1300 Hours: You will have lunch prepared by the women’s group in the village. Local lunch includes beef stew, ugali (corn meal cooked to a play-dough-like thickness), vegetables, rice, beans, and fruit.
1400 Hours: You can also take a 2 hour guided walk to the Marisha River enjoying the lush vegetation, birds and primates that surround the area.
Later you can move up Lemeka Hill for scenic views of the area including Mount Meru and Mount Kilimanjaro and the Masai plains that surround the area.
1700 Hours: You will return to Arusha in the late afternoon, drop off at your hotel
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Mulala Village Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||8 to 12 Year Child|
|1st January 2020||31st December 2020||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Please wear appropriate gear; good walking shoes
* Take a cap and sun cream with you when making longer walks
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Mulala Village Rates Includes:
* Price per person
* Cultural tour of Mulala Village
* Lunch – prepared by the local women villagers.
* Pick-up from your hotel in Arusha and drop-off to your hotel
* Full Day Tour of the Arusha Cultural Day Tour of Mulala Village
* Professional English speaking guides. All are experts in the African wildlife, culture, and tour guiding, many of who speak other European languages
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Mulala Village Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Minimum of two persons required
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
Booking & Reservations for Arusha Cultural Day Tour Mulala Village Contacts;
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile : + 254 721-242-711