Arusha Cultural Day Tour Babati Hanang Tanzania
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Babati Hanang Tanzania | Arusha Cultural Tours Babati and Hanang | Babati & Hanang Tanzania Cultural Tourism | Tanzania Cultural Tourism Babati & Hanang | Cultural Tours in Tanzania | Arusha Day Tours | Cultural Day Tour from Arusha
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Babati Hanang Tanzania; Spend a full day with the people of Babati and Hanang learn about their fascinating and unspoiled culture.
Babati district is located along the Arusha-Dodoma road in the Rift Valley, South of Lake Manyara Park and West of Tarangire. Babati is 172 km’s (107 miles) south of Arusha.
In both Babati and the nearby Hanang district in Manyara region is dominated by 2 ethnics groups, Barbaig a semi nomad pastoralist tribe and Iraqw a Cushitic-speaking ethnic group.
The tour includes exploring their traditional lifestyle, history, art, religion and the things that shape their way of life.
Other optional activities for the day may include a fishing adventure with local canoes on Lake Babati while viewing hippos.
You can also participate in local beer brewing, bird watching (over 400 species of birds found in Hanang area), climbing and trekking mountain Hanang and enjoy cycling expedition through remote areas.
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Babati Hanang Tanzania takes you to Babati district is located along the Arusha – Dodoma road in the Rift Valley, South of Lake Manyara Park and West of Tarangire. In both Babati and the nearby Hanang distric.
The people follow their tribal culture and traditions closely and visitors can mix freely with them to observe their lifestyle. The area has a rich birdlife with over 400 species.
The highlights of a tour to the area are:
– An exclusive Mount Hanang Climb
– Cycling expedition through remote areas
– A chance to participate in local beer brewing
– A fishing adventure with local canoes on Lake Babati while viewing hippos
– A visit to development projects like cattle and goat dairy farming, piped water project, bio-gas energy project
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Babati Hanang Tanzania Itinerary
0730 Hours: After breakfast we transfer to Babati Rural District of Manyara Region of Tanzania.
1000 Hours: Upon arrival you will be met by a local guide and walk to Managhat village original home of the Gorowa tribe but now also a home for migrants.
You will see dairy farming activities such as farming with ox ploughs biogas system, local Gorowa huts and a killer beekeeping project at the bottom of Mount Kwaraa (2,415 meters).
After you will climb Bambaay Hill from where you see the beautiful Rift Valley landscape with Lake Babati and Lake Manyara.
The Rift Valley Escarpment in the background and the Maasai Steppe at the east. Later you visit a respected Gorowa tribesman, Mzee Kwaraa, at his home.
He will tell you about Gorowa culture, marriage, rain prayers, burial, religious and circumcision rituals. Optionally one can row, fish and view hippos on Lake Babati, using local canoes or enjoy one of the many activities available in the village.
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Highlights
* An exclusive Mount Hanang Climb
* Cycling expedition through remote areas
* A chance to participate in local beer brewing
* Bird watching walks (the area has over 400 species of birds)
* A chance to participate in Local brick and pottery making
* A fishing adventure for both tilapia and Nile perch with local canoes on Lake Babati while viewing hippos
* A visit to development projects like cattle and goat dairy farming, piped water project, bio-gas energy project
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Babati Hanang Tanzania Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Child 11 Years & below|
|1st January 2020||31st December 2020||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* English speaking guides who know the area will help you around
* Half day tour of our Arusha Cultural Day tour is also available upon request
* Bring along good walking shoes, water bottle, pair of binoculars if bird watching
* 3 Days/ 2 Nights Barbaig Tour is available on request where you learn about the Barbaig tribe, herd cattle, visit a school and Climb Mt Hanang
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Babati Hanang Tanzania includes:
* Mineral bottle water
* All national park fees and village fees
* Professional, English speaking guide
* Round trip transportation from Arusha to Lake Manyara region and back
Booking & Reservations for Arusha Cultural Day Tour Babati Hanang Tanzania Contacts;
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile : + 254 721-242-711