Amani Childrens Home Moshi Village Day Tour
Amani Childrens Home Moshi Village Day Tour | Amani Children’s Home Village Visit | Amani Children’s Home Mshiri Village Walking Tour | Amani Children’s Home Tanzania Villages Tour | Arusha Day Tours | Tanzania Day Trips | Tanzania Day Tours | Amani Childrens Home Tours Trips Arusha | Moshi Orphans Tanzania | Amani Center Street Children | Amani Foundation Childrens Home | Amani Childrens Home Village Visit
Amani Childrens Home Moshi Village Day Tour is a day excursion from Arusha town to the Amani Children’s Home located in Moshi Tanzania.
For over 10 years, Amani Children’s Home has been dedicated to the protection of Tanzania’s most vulnerable population: street children.
Amani, which means “peace” in Swahili, was founded by Tanzanians, and over the years has rescued hundreds of children from the perils of life on the streets, where they face numerous dangers including malnutrition and abuse.
Amani provides healthy food, education, counseling and medical care for every street child who turns to us for help. When possible, children are reunified with (extended) families.
After, you will drive to Marangu for a guided walk through Mshiri village to learn about the Tanzania Chagga tribe and the Village Education Program.
You will enjoy a Chagga lunch before returning to Arusha.
Amani Childrens Home Moshi Village Day Trip Highlights
* Enjoy a Chagga lunch before returning to Arusha
* Visit to a farming village on the slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro
* Visit the Amani Children’s Home in Moshi and see how it is changing the lives of street children
* Drive to Marangu for a guided walk through Mshiri village to learn about the Chagga people and the Village Education Program
Amani Childrens Home Moshi Village Day Tour Itinerary
0800 Hours: After breakfast at your hotel/ residence you will meet up with your guide for a brief introduction meeting then depart by road to Moshi.
Moshi is located Northeast Tanzania on the lower slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro about 120 kilometers from Arusha town.
0930 Hours: The drive from Arusha to Moshi takes about an hour. In Moshi we will meet the very special kids of the Amani Children’s Home.
Amani supports street children giving them a safe place to stay and educational and emotional support.
We have an opportunity to tour the new school which has been built with the help of donors and get inspired by the project which is changing children’s lives.
1100 Hours: From Moshi, drive on to the Kilimanjaro base town of Marangu, about 40 minutes away. Marangu makes a convenient base for climbing Kilimanjaro Africa’s highest mountain.
1200 Hours: Situated close by Marangu is the Village Education Project at Mshiri Village. Beginning with a walking tour of Mshiri Village, the base for the Village Education Project.
Here we see and learn the day-to-day life of the Chagga people, long established as crop-growers on the fertile slopes of Mt Kilimanjaro. We walk around their shamba (farm).
We also visit the primary school as well as the other institutions where local young people are taught various skills.
1400 Hours: Lunch provides an opportunity to sample Chagga food, which is very filling.
1500 Hours : We also visit nearby waterfalls and stop to admire the view of the plains below.
1600 Hours: Depart Marangu for Arusha.
1830 Hours: Arrive back in Arusha and drop off at your hotel/ residence
Amani Childrens Home Moshi Village Day Tour Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||8 to 12 Year Child|
|1st January 2019||31st December 2019||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* We strongly recommend modest clothing. Singlets and tank tops are not suitable
Amani Childrens Home Moshi Village Day Tour Rates Includes:
* Price per person
* Pick-up from your hotel in Arusha and drop-off to your hotel
* Guided tour of the Amani Children’s Home and Mshiri Village
* Professional English speaking guides. All are experts in the African wildlife, culture, and tour guiding, many of who speak other European languages
Amani Childrens Home Moshi Village Day Tour Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Minimum of two persons required
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)