Akagera National Park Day Trip Safari Kigali
Akagera National Park Day trip Safari Kigali | Rwanda Safari 1 Day Akagera National Park | 1 Day Akagera National Park Safari | 1 Day Trip to Akagera National Park | Akagera National Park 1 Day Safari Rwanda | Akagera National Park Day Safari | Akagera National park fees Akagera National Park tours | Akagera National Park Safari | Kigali Rwanda Excursions | Akagera National Park Lodge | Akagera National Park Animals | Akagera National Park Camping | Kigali Day Trips
Akagera National Park Day Trip Safari Kigali is a full day excursion from Kigali to Rwanda’s only existing wildlife National Park where game viewing can be done.
Akagera Park is located to the Eastern province of Rwanda on the border of Tanzania and is a comfortable 2 to 3 hour drive from Kigali – easily visited on a long day trip if you’re short of time.
Over the course of a four-hour visit, you’re likely to see hippos, baboons, giraffes, antelope, zebras, warthogs, and perhaps even an elephant or two. The park has an amazing variety of wildlife and is entirely worth the visit.
After lunch, we can have a late afternoon boat trip to Nyirabiyoro historical Island for birding and marine wildlife. Birds likely to see include open bill stork, cormorant, fish eagle and pelicans among others.
Wildlife includes hippopotamus and crocodile. Nyirabiyoro is an Island of Lake Ihema which is the biggest lake in Akagera National Park.
Akagera National Park Day Trip Safari Kigali Highlights
* Game drives: The obvious attraction to a game park is a game drive! (Included in the tour price)
* Birding: Akagera is a great spot for bird watching nerds with about 525 Species of birds (Included in the tour price)
* Fishing: If you have your own gear (rods only, no nets) you can pay a fee for a permit to fish for the day from the shores of Lake Shakani (Extra Cost)
* Boat ride on Lake Ihema: There are three pre-scheduled boat trips (morning, day, or sunset) to enjoy the park from water level surrounded by crocodile, bird, and hippo friends. (Extra Cost)
* Nature walks in Akagera: an interesting opportunity to see a portion of the park on foot. The moderate walk is 7 kms long, takes about 2 hours, and ends on a ridge with a beautiful view over the park. (Extra Cost)
* Visit local projects: There are four choices – Heritage (The Culture of Cattle), Local Production (Beer and Bees), Arts and Crafts, and Celebration (Food and Festivities). Each of these tours offers a glimpse into life in communities around the park. (Extra Cost)
Akagera National Park Day Trip Safari Kigali Itinerary
0530 Hours: Depart from your Kigali hotel and drive South East to Akagera National park (2 Hours Drive).
The road is mostly paved until about a half hour before you get to the entrance when things get a bit bumpy and dusty… to get you ready for the park experience!
0800 Hours: Game drive in the park. The game on an Akagera safari includes most of the usual plains species.
Impala and topi (known as tsessebe in Southern Africa) seem to be dominant, with eland, oribi, giraffe, lion, leopard, waterbuck, reedbuck, bushbuck, sable and roan antelope also present.
Burchall’s zebra, hippo and crocodile are commonly seen whilst game viewing; buffalo are more prevalent in the north as are elephants, although more restricted.
Akagera National Park is especially good for birding, with over 480 species attracted by its diverse habitat. Savannah birds and raptors are prevalent and several endemic species such as the red-faced barbet are often seen.
1200 Hours: Picnic/ packed lunch or hot lunch at Akagera Game Lodge
1300 Hours: Game drive in the park. Short boat trips are available on Akagera’s lakes which will give you the opportunity to get close to the plentiful water birds including numerous eagles, storks, cranes, cormorants, herons and egrets.
If you are lucky you may even get to see the elusive shoebill stork.
1600 Hours: Late afternoon return back to Kigali.
1830 Hours: Arrive in Kigali and drop you off at your hotel/ residence.
Akagera National Park Day Trip Safari Kigali Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||Children Aged 5 Years and above|
|1st January 2019||31st December 2019||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* What to bring: Sun hut, Sunscreen
* Kindly request for East African Residents Rates
* Children under the age of 5 Years Free of charge
* Akagera Activities include: Game Drives, Bird Watching, Boat Trips, Fishing, Cultural Tours and Walk the Line (see a portion of the park on foot)
Akagera National Park Day Trip Safari Kigali Prices Include:
* Park entrance fees
* Guiding fees in Akagera National Park
* Comfortable safari vehicle with a pop-up Roof
* Professional full time English speaking Driver Guide
* Lunch Box or Hot Lunch at the Akagera Game Lodge
* Bottled mineral water for refreshment while on the trip
* Game drives and Bird watching in Akagera National Park
Akagera National Park Day Trip Safari Kigali Prices Exclude:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Minimum of 1 person required
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
Booking & Reservations for Akagera National Park Day Trip Safari Kigali Contacts;
Booking Office Tel: + 254 718-179-967
Mobile/ WhatsApp : + 254 721-242-711
Mobile : + 254 780-242-711