2 Days 1 Night Kigali Lake Kivu Rwanda Holidaybreak
2 Days 1 Night Kigali Lake Kivu Rwanda Holidaybreak | 2 Days Lake Kivu Weekend Break | Lake Kivu Rwanda Romantic Getaways | 2 Day Kigali Getaway | Kigali Rwanda Weekend Getaways | Short Overnight Kigali Holidays | 1 Night 2 Days Lake Kivu Rwanda Holiday | 2 Day Lake Kivu Beach Holiday | Lake Kivu Gisenyi Tour | Lake Kivu Rubavu | Lake Kivu Beach Relaxation | Rwanda Beach Holday | 2 Days Visit Lake Kivu Tour Rwanda | Lake Kivu Beach Hotels Rwanda | Kigali 2 Day Tours | Short Kigali city Break
2 Days 1 Night Kigali Lake Kivu Rwanda Holidaybreak from the 2 Days Rwanda Safari Holidays Wildlife Tours is perfect for anyone looking to relax and get away from it all. So whether you’re on your own, a couple or with a family, our overnight visit to Lake Kivu is the best way to experience Rwanda’s largest Lake, and the sixth largest lake in Africa.
Lake Kivu’s 3 main towns are roughly 3 to 4 hours drive apart from each other. These are Gisenyi (Rubavu), Kibuye (Karongi) and Cyangugu (Rusizi). The tour begins with a drive from Kigali to Gisenyi – known for its beautiful Lake Kivu.
The 2 Days 1 Night Kigali Lake Kivu Rwanda Holidaybreak drive goes through beautiful hills covered with pine trees, eucalyptus and other tropical trees, through beautiful roads, past villages that allow you to peek into Rwanadan country life.
You will see serene looking farmlands, colorfully dressed women and frolicking kids, women carrying the famous Rwandan baskets with utmost ease on their heads, men carrying pots, village market places etc.
We visit Gisenyi (also referred to by its new name Rubavu) the largest city on the shores of Lake Kivu which spread over several hills on the northern edge of Lake Kivu.
Some of our favorite places to stay at, around the area of Lake Kivu include Luxury Lake Kivu Serena Hotel, Palm Beach Resort, Inzozi Beach Hotel etc. Ask us for more details of what's where, and what's likely to suit you best! Visit Lake Kivu to relax, explore and have fun while you are in Gisenyi!
2 Days 1 Night Kigali Lake Kivu Rwanda Holidaybreak Optional activities
* Relax and Chill out – Lake Kivu: Lake Kivu is the perfect place to just be instead of doing, the relax, read a book, enjoy the tropical sun, the splendid views of the Lake, the Islands, the Mountains, fishing boats, the smell of the water, the light breeze
* Swimming in Lake Kivu – Rwanda: Swim in the Lake. There are no hippos, crocodiles and no Bilharzia found in Lake Kivu making it the perfect lake in Africa to swim in. The temperature at the Lake is just right and the water is not too cold-perfect to dive in get refreshed
* Water Sports on Lake Kivu – Sailing, Wind-Surfing, Kayaking, Motor Boats & Fishing: There are lots of water sports to indulge in on Lake Kivu, from paddling to one of the explorable island to sailing across this beautiful lake are activities that are most enjoyable for most
* Hiking and Biking – Around and near Lake Kivu: Lake Kivu is the perfect location for 1/2 day or full day longer hikes – nature walks and bike rides. This includes venturing out on the newly developed Nile-Congo Trail where you can hike or bike along
* From Crop to a Cup of Coffee Tour – Lake Kivu: The half day excursion includes a boat ride on Lake Kivu to Nyamirundi Island where you learn and take part in the process of seeing the coffee process from crop to cup.
* Rosamond Carr Imbabazi Orphanage – Lake Kivu: Imbabazi Orphanage was started Rosamond who lived for many years in the Mugongo area where she started a flower plantation/ that supplied hotels with fresh flowers from Kigali to locally. She was a very close friend of Dian Fossey. Stroll through the English Garden – Enjoy views of the Volcanoes
2 Days 1 Night Kigali Lake Kivu Rwanda Holidaybreak Summary Itinerary
DAY 1: Pickup from Kigali City/ Airport and transfer to Lake Kivu Gisenyi (Rubavu) Town
DAY 2: Gisenyi (Rubavu) City Tour – transfer to Kigali or airport for your onward flight
2 Days 1 Night Kigali Lake Kivu Rwanda Holidaybreak Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Kigali Rwanda – Drive to Lake Kivu Gisenyi (Rubavu) Town (Travel time +3 Hours)
Breakfast at your hotel in Kigali, then depart by road to Gisenyi-waterfront town on the shores of Lake Kivu. Upon your arrival, you will embark on a boat ride and visit the local fishing villages.
Return to the shores and have lunch at your hotel/ lodge, and later relax while you enjoy swimming, reading a book at the shores, while you enjoy the tropical sun, and splendid view of Lake Kivu, the Mountains, the islands, the fishing boats, and the breeze. Enjoy views of Nyiragongo Volcanoes in DR Congo.
Luxury Accommodation: Lake Kivu Serena Hotel, Belvedere Hotel, Hakuna Matata Lodge, Stipp Hotel Gisenyi
Mid Range Accommodation:Palm Gardens Resort, Hotel Diane Fossey Nyiramacibiri, Gorillas Lake Kivu Hotel
Budget Accommodation:Paradise Marahide, Blessington Motel, Guest House La Serenite, La Corniche Motel
Meal Plan: (Lunch & Dinner)
Day 2: Lake Kivu Gisenyi (Rubavu) Town – Kigali Rwanda
After breakfast, enjoy a city tour of Rubavu and later transfer to Kigali through the view of the thousand hills. Upon arrival, you will have a city tour where you will visit the Genocide memorial grounds, local markets, museum, craft shops, do some shopping and later transfer to the airport for your flight back home.
Meal Plan: (Breakfast & Lunch)
2 Days 1 Night Kigali Lake Kivu Rwanda Holidaybreak Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||8 to 11 Years Child|
|1st January 2019||31st December 2019||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Any of the above activities can be added on to your visit to Gisenyi. Kindly confirm wit African Spice Safaris what you would like to do and we shall send you an itinerary that includes your favorite activity and price for the tour as well
2 Days 1 Night Kigali Lake Kivu Rwanda Holidaybreak Prices Include:
* Boat ride
* Visit the local fishing villages
* Enjoy a City tour of Gisenyi/ Rubovu
* Bottled mineral water while on safari
* Service of an English speaking driver guide
* Return transportation from Kigali on a 4×4 safari vehicle
* 1 Night Accommodation and meals (Lunch & Dinner) at your choice of hotel in Gisenyi
2 Days 1 Night Kigali Lake Kivu Rwanda Holidaybreak Prices Exclude:
* Visa Fees
* International Flights
* Expenses of personal nature such as; personal insurance, drinks, guide tips, laundry, telephone, cigarettes
* Additional accommodation in Kigali before the tour departs and on the last day can be arranged for extra cost