1 Day Arusha Cultural Experience Tour Monduli Juu Tanzania
1 Day Arusha Cultural Experience Tour Monduli Juu Tanzania | Monduli Juu Tanzania Cultural Tourism Tour | Monduli Juu Cultural Tour | Arusha Cultural Tours | Day Trip in Tanzania | Day Trip Arusha | Maasai Culture Tours Monduli Juu | Monduli Juu Cultural Walking Tours | Masai Village Cultural Visits | Arusha Day Tours
1 Day Arusha Cultural Experience Tour Monduli Juu Tanzania: This is a day excursion from Arusha to get an insight of the Masai culture at Monduli Juu located within the Arusha Region of Tanzania.
Monduli Juu is a cluster of four small villages namely; Emairete, Enguiki, Eluwai and Mfereji. Monduli Juu is situated 50 km’s northwest of Arusha (1 ½ hours driving) on the road to Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti National Park.
Monduli is the capital of Monduli district and a town which you’ll have to pass through when going to Monduli Juu.
Our 1 Day Arusha Cultural Experience Tour Monduli Juu Tanzania begins with hike to a small hill to see the panoramic view of the Great Rift Valley and savannah sprawling land on the foot of the rift Valley.
Just in the backdrop, you will see Mount Oldonyo Lengai, the Maasai holy mountain, Mount Kitumbeine and Lake Natron.
Right opposite the panoramic view is the evergreen Komolonick rainforest perched on a small mountain, in which visitors are taken to see traditional plants used by the local Masai to treat different ailments.
The next stop is the famous dam in the area (Emairete dam) which hosts abundant bird life then a visit to one of the Masai Boma (Homestead) with typical round earthen houses. A local healer will give you more information about natural medicine.
If you are lucky enough to visit on a market day (every Saturdays) you get to tour the Emairete village market where they sell live animals (mostly goats and sheep), a host of household items, including dry foods. Hundreds of Maasai mostly men swarm the grounds.
Other than that you visit a Maasai Church, Primary School and Kindergarten Project, up to Naramatu (Maasai Jewels).
For lunch you could try a home cooked lunch or the local skewers of goat meat, the well known “Nyama Choma”.
After lunch, the trip leads near the forest to Enguiki Primary School and Dispensary from where you’ll be picked up at a Maasai boma. Along the way, the guide will explain to you the secret differences between Maasai and Wa-arusha.
1 Day Arusha Cultural Experience Tour Monduli Juu Tanzania Highlights
* A climbing trip through the evergreen rain forest
* The story of the secret differences between Maasai and Waarusha
* Traditional “nyama choma” with our Maasai warriors in “Orpul” (Maasai meat camp)
* A visit to the Sominen, Emairete and Sokoine dams with their different splendid bird life
* A warm welcome in Naramatu: a small “factory” where Maasai women make Maasai jewels
* A rest at astonishing panorama’s, overlooking the Rift Valley, Oldonyo Lengai, Lake Natron
1 Day Arusha Cultural Experience Tour Monduli Juu Tanzania Prices
|Dates From||Dates To||Price Per Person||8 to 11 Year Child|
|1st January 2020||31st December 2020||Request for rates||Request for rates|
* Please take note that the Masai market is only on Saturdays
* Optionally we could arrange for a performance of traditional Masai dancing (at an extra cost)
* Please bring comfortable walking shoes, sun cap, sun cream and drinking water. Optional binoculars if interested in bird life
1 Day Arusha Cultural Experience Tour Monduli Juu Tanzania Rates Includes:
* Lunch + a soft drink is included
* All applicable village entrance fees
* Round trip transport from Arusha to Monduli and back to Arusha
* Our professional local guides provide quality service on this day tour
1 Day Arusha Cultural Experience Tour Monduli Juu Tanzania Rates Do Not Include:
* International Airfare
* Accommodation in Arusha
* Cost of obtaining passport and visas
* Gratuity for your professional village guide + driver guide
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
* Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including luxury champagne, luxury spirits, beer, wines during meals or meals not indicated in the itinerary